N600 Won't Connect

mm2010
Aspirant

N600 Won't Connect

Hi,
I bought the N600 WNDR3700v4 router a year ago. It performed perfectly the whole time. I had a desktop hardwired in, a laptop and phone were wireless. I left that place and moved to a new place. I had been using Charter. I'm now back with Comcast. I had been with them for about 20 years without much of a problem. However, after signing up with Comcast this time around, I was able to establish a connection with their Arris TM722G/NU modem. But the router doesn't establish any conncetion. It is recognized in my list of available networks on all devices. But it does not function. Can't load any web. Can't read any mail. Seemingly the only things different are that I am using a different ISP. And they have "included" their own unsecured wifi network. I am forced to use that. But it is not secured, so I won't access bank accounts, etc. I'm guessing it's something simple??? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N600 Won't Connect

Some Arris modems are battery backed, and resetting the modem may require removal of the battery (or there may be a reset button perhaps). It’s necessary to reset the modem when changing the connected devices so that the MAC Address of the device is recognised and IP data allocated. So basically what I am say ins that your modem may have only be recognising your PC, and is ignoring the router.

mm2010
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried resetting the modem quite a few times. Same result. Perhaps it's time to try a new router???? Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
doraemon
Prodigy

It's maybe the time to get a new one or try configuring it by following the steps for cable connection.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 5
mm2010
Aspirant

Turns out it wasn't an issue with the router itself. There was a problem with the incoming signal, along with the modem. Deep down, I knew that the router was a good one. I'm happy that it's now sending and receiving packets like crazy. Thanks very much for your responses. That's the kind of thing that makes a community forum thrive.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E