× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 how to connect to Dish Hopper?

mcnamka
Follower

N600 how to connect to Dish Hopper?

Dish Network has been seemingly ignorant of how to connect this device to my Dish Hopper, yet several years ago, they must have helped me because it used to work. It stopped so I bought a new device and I can not figure out how to activate it since the hopper does not have a cd slot in which to put the install disk.  Dish told me it must be the Hopper and sent another one. Nothing wrong with the Hopper, still not activity from the N600.  Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N600 how to connect to Dish Hopper?

Welcome to the community, @mcnamka

What is the exact model number and version of your N600 device?

How do you connect that Dish Hopper with the N600 device? Is it wired or wirelessly?

If it's wireless, are there any other devices on your network that can connect to the router?

If the Dish Hopper connects wirelessly, do you see the network name that the router is broadcasting?

Think of the Dish Hopper as a wireless computer, in order for it to connect, you must know which name to connect and have the wireless password handy.

Let us know more details to get this resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N600 how to connect to Dish Hopper?

Welcome to the community, @mcnamka

What is the exact model number and version of your N600 device?

How do you connect that Dish Hopper with the N600 device? Is it wired or wirelessly?

If it's wireless, are there any other devices on your network that can connect to the router?

If the Dish Hopper connects wirelessly, do you see the network name that the router is broadcasting?

Think of the Dish Hopper as a wireless computer, in order for it to connect, you must know which name to connect and have the wireless password handy.

Let us know more details to get this resolved.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7