N600 issue: MacOSX asking for name and password to connect to ReadyShare

Sueperfly
Follower

N600 issue: MacOSX asking for name and password to connect to ReadyShare

Hello. I just bought a N600 Wireless Router. I plugged in my external harddrive to it and tried to get my Mac Laptop to connect to the harddrive. It's a simple harddrive and doesn't have any compliance issues.

I am having an issue getting from the "type in smb://readyshare" step and seeing my external harddrive on my Mac. There is one more step that is not mentioned anywhere.. a panel pops up asking "Enter your name and password for the server "readyshare"." Connect as: Guest or Registered User. Then gives blanks for filling in the user name and password.

Is there a special name and password I should be using for my new NetGear product? I've tried all my names and passwords for my computer. All have failed. What should I be doing to solve this problem?

Thanks
Message 1 of 2
Joe_
Apprentice

Re: N600 issue: MacOSX asking for name and password to connect to ReadyShare

Browse to support.netgear.com and download the manual(s) for your model router. Refer to the section USB Storage (or something similar). You should get the defaults there.

BTW, N600 is not the model number of your router - it should be something like WNDRxxxx or DGNxxxxx.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E