× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N900 not allowing samsung Bluray player to access

R47
Aspirant
Aspirant

N900 not allowing samsung Bluray player to access

My new Samsung Blueray player can see the Wifi and i can input my security code but it won't connect. I've tried everything with samsung support and we can't get it to connect. I haven't had issues with anything else?

Model: R4500|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: N900 not allowing samsung Bluray player to access

Hi R47,

Check the security option that BluRay supports. Lower down the security option of BluRay does not support WPA2.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

These things usually come down to the settings on the BluRay player. These "smart" devices are actually very dim. You might do better to find a forum where people talk about Samsung's BluRay players.

I had hell's own trouble getting my Samsung BD-F6500 to work over wifi. Fortunately, I had already decided to go down the Powerline Ethernet route and now use the LAN feature.

Message 2 of 5
R47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I went through the aettings with the Samsung support guy. I'm thinking it's something with the router

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi R47,

Check the security option that BluRay supports. Lower down the security option of BluRay does not support WPA2.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi R47,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7