Reply

NAS vs PAS

look30
Aspirant

NAS vs PAS

I noticed that there are two versions of 3700 and 3500 , one marked NAS and one marked PAS. What is the difference as bestbuy.ca sells both so is not a Canada vs US thing.
Message 1 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: NAS vs PAS

last part of digits are just region types info...
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 11
look30
Aspirant

Re: NAS vs PAS

jmizoguchi wrote:
last part of digits are just region types info...


So there is no difference ? BestBuy and Futureshop are using this to avoid price matching the competition , just like the mattress business
Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: NAS vs PAS

No

I think Canada and us in same 120v so it's same
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 11
jlewter
Guide

Re: NAS vs PAS

look30 wrote:
So there is no difference ? BestBuy and Futureshop are using this to avoid price matching the competition , just like the mattress business
Smiley Happy


I would be tempted to wait a few weeks....
If you can....


The e4200 will likely cause a price drop on the 3700's ;P
Message 5 of 11
NatRay
Tutor

Re: NAS vs PAS

jlewter wrote:
The e4200 will likely cause a price drop on the 3700's ;P


I am counting on it . . . Smiley Wink
Best regards,

Nat Ray MCSE/MCT since 1997

_______________________

Cox Communications > SB6120 DOCSIS 3.0 > WNDR3700v1 (4), WNDR3400v2 (2), WPN824v2 (2), R7000, RT-N66R *AP(s) via Wired Backbone* > Ooma Telo / D-Link DGS-1024D > NeoTV-550 (3) . . .** HPEnvy800 -PHX **

DD-WRT v24-SP2 (12/14/11) std. Build 18007

Optimize your network: Disable IPv6 . . . Post responsibly . . .

‘Quality trumps Quantity’
Message 6 of 11
Devor
Luminary

Re: NAS vs PAS

look30 wrote:
I noticed that there are two versions of 3700 and 3500, one marked NAS and one marked PAS. What is the difference as bestbuy.ca sells both so is not a Canada vs US thing.


It's my understanding that NAS is United States and PAS is Canada. I suppose it's possible living in Canada and purchasing the NAS version, that for warranty it might be necessary to send the router to the United States. Just a guess.
_____
WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
Message 7 of 11
look30
Aspirant

Re: NAS vs PAS

Devor wrote:
It's my understanding that NAS is United States and PAS is Canada. I suppose it's possible living in Canada and purchasing the NAS version, that for warranty it might be necessary to send the router to the United States. Just a guess.


PAS is ONLY sold by BestBuy and Futureshop. NAS by everybody else than the two plus the two.
Message 8 of 11
guy8689
Aspirant

Re: NAS vs PAS

I know this is old, but does no one know what NAS stands for? Network-attached storage.

The NAS model has a USB port directly on the router so you can attach an external hard drive so anyone on the network can access it.
Message 9 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: NAS vs PAS

guy8689 wrote:
I know this is old, but does no one know what NAS stands for? Network-attached storage.

The NAS model has a USB port directly on the router so you can attach an external hard drive so anyone on the network can access it.


you have answered wrong.

NAS, PAS is the model SKU after the model number in the box.

this has has nothing do with NAS as network storage
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Message 10 of 11
jlewter
Guide

Re: NAS vs PAS

I guess a lot of people are upset cause their 3700 doesnt have NETWORK ATTACHED STORAGE, Instead it comes with PASTA ATTACHED STORAGE.

It's just part of the code on the box, it has nothing to do with network storage.

NAS = North America Something
PAS = French Speaking (Hi Canada) North America Something


Shame you cant edit your post.. Your first post ever and it was a dud Smiley Tongue
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 18756 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E