× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR AC1900 - How to change Default rout password, I have done this in past.. Can't figure it out

MauiScott
Aspirant

NETGEAR AC1900 - How to change Default rout password, I have done this in past.. Can't figure it out

I have a netgear AC1900 I need to change the basic standard default password that is used to get into the Router.  I'm not talking about the network password.   It comes standard with Admin and "Password"...  I have always changed it, as in any real business environment it is a must to have this changed and secured.   I did see another posting- but it had NO information.. just a guy getting condending about nobody needs to do this but the CIA .. FBI..  was crazy- apparently doesn't work in a real business enviroment- and just wants to ream people.   I see someone else was asking but really just gave up after they got blasted by that guy.. and the thread was closed with no real answer - just that it can't be done.. of course it can...    Please if anyone has the procedure to do this simple change on the AC1900 please let me know.  Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: NETGEAR AC1900 - How to change Default rout password, I have done this in past.. Can't figure it

Log into the router and go to ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.  This information is easily found in the manual and should be the first place to look.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Re: NETGEAR AC1900 - How to change Default rout password, I have done this in past.. Can't figure it

Log into the router and go to ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.  This information is easily found in the manual and should be the first place to look.

Message 2 of 5
MauiScott
Aspirant

Thank you for your help..  Got in and changed.  : )

Message 3 of 5
MauiScott
Aspirant

Thank you for your help..  Got in and changed.  : )

Message 4 of 5
William10a
Master

I would never leave the user name and password or even wifi settings the default on gateway or router many years before this garage on web the about people being spy on you the next door house  would steal your wifi because people left the router set to out the box settings nothing new just different players in the game with new toys.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7