× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR USB Control Center utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

tuckerm2
Aspirant

Any update on this please Netgear?
Message 126 of 263
tuckerm2
Aspirant

Message 127 of 263
SteveBoker
Aspirant

Another unsatisfied user.  I replaced an Airport system with Netgear R6400 thinking it was an upgrade.

Funny data point:  My HP 2025 worked just fine for the first 2 weeks I had the R6400.  Everything had been set up using the Airport and I was pleasantly surprised that everything worked fine when I plugged the R6400 in.  No configuration necessary.  Then yesterday the printer stopped working.  I ran into the same brick wall that all of you have.  I deleted my printer and reacquired it using bonjour.  It configures itself and looks ok, but it does not print.

I've been a computer professional for some 40 years now.  I am the original author of Graphtrix from way back in 1979.  I know printer drivers intimately.  This is going to turn out to be a very very small fix.  I'm guessing that there is some ack packet that is misconfigured.  This should be a day's work or less for a competent person with access to the source code.  It is clear that there is no urgency to this problem from Netgear's end.  Not sure why, when such a large slice of the pie is dropping on the floor.

Message 128 of 263
jmanthony
Apprentice

I have tried to be supportive of Netgear on this issue, but I agree that an update on where they are in the process is long overdue.  

Where in the heck are we on this one???

John

Message 129 of 263
tuckerm2
Aspirant

Come on Netgear. Get this sorted asap please. Its an embarrassment
Message 130 of 263
drobba
Initiate

@THX1138A (great username by the way!)... I've tinkered with your suggestion(s) to no avail. As I'm newer to Mac, maybe I've overlooked something. 

Using: 

- iMac 27-in Retina 5K on OS X El Capitan 10.11.2

- Netgear D6200 Modem/Router Firmware Version V1.1.00.14_1.00.14 (router says is latest)

- HP Laserjet 3015 connected to USB on D6200

I don't end up seeing Bonjour or any other in Printers & Scanners. 

I openly welcome any other advice. 

I've tried adding/searching for the printer, but I don't know what address or other settings I should use so it has just been trial & error. 

Cheers!

Message 131 of 263
1view
Aspirant

Has anyone received an explaination for this failure?

I was commited to Negear... I have their Docsis 3 Modem, AC Router & Extender, and a large Switch... and these are the latest iterations with a long history of acquisitions. If they're not supporting Apple users I would certainly like to know this so I can find an option that does.

Message 132 of 263

v2.22 will not be released soon until the next version of Mac OSX.

Message 133 of 263
tuckerm2
Aspirant

Is that the official statement from Netgear or just more rumours?
Message 134 of 263
solidairs
Tutor

Interesting. On what do you base this? If true, I am immensely disappointed in Netgear customer support.

Message 135 of 263

And on what basis is this information ? And if this is the case then its a bizarre statement,i.e.  just when is the next 'version' of OSX? and exactly what does 'next version' mean, Apple are pushing out OSX updates and releases on a weekly basis so this is great news as we'll have it very soon haha, or does it mean the next MAJOR release which could be a year or two .

This is all very strange and frankly the lack of response from Netgear on this forum is disgusting and arrogant treatment of a very large section of its customer base.

COME ON NETGEAR WHY DONT YOU RESPOND?

BTW this "information" came from someone who only registered today and has made only this one post so doesnt look like its an official Netgear statement. Would rogerleestudios care to comment and enlighten us all?

Message 136 of 263
tuckerm2
Aspirant

Worth a letter to Netgear CEO perhaps?

Message 137 of 263
tuckerm2
Aspirant

Message 138 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The source code released by Apple did not contain the USB driver that our developers need to create a fix.

Message 139 of 263
LostPetrel
Apprentice

To tell us this after more than a month of having said code, shows either the ineptitude of your developers or very poor customer relations. I am about at my wits end, I have one computor that cannot print wirelessly, and another that I cannot do the proper upgrades for fear of losing its printing abiltiy.

Has Netgear just given up?

Message 140 of 263
jmanthony
Apprentice

Elaine, can you confirm the email address for your CEO.  What I have is Patrick.Lo@netgear.com.  

Thanks a bunch.

JohnA

Message 141 of 263
robertgeorge
Aspirant

The Netgear USB control utility is not working for my mac with the lates El Capitan OS X.  The installation "is incomplete" has this issue been resolved as of several months ago?  where is the new install program??

Message 142 of 263
jmanthony
Apprentice

There have been no substantive updates from Netgear in quite a while.  The status has not changed.

John

Message 143 of 263
Thorstein
Aspirant

I got this mail from Netgear support :

NETGEAR Support Case #25838826

*** This is an automatic, system-generated message. Please do not reply directly to this message. ***

Your case has been updated by NETGEAR Support.

Case #: 25838826

Case Summary: R7500 - NETGEAR_USB_Control_Center_Installer_V2.22

Product: R7500

Update from NETGEAR:

Hello Thorstein,

I'm writing to give you the latest update on your case.

Apple have release their open source for El Capitan but unfortunately The source codes released from Apple didn't include the USB driver.

Our engineering team can't update USB_Control_Center until they have these USB driver details so we are just waiting on this.

Best regards,

Elina

Netgear Support

Message 144 of 263
cleudio
Guide

Netgear is taking us for a ride.
ridiculous and incompetent. after months and months they have not been able yet to fix it.
Message 145 of 263

This is just totally embarrassing for Netgear, what a pathetic company. Do they  SERIOUSLY believe we would swallow this pathetic and utterly FALSE excuse?

Can you imagine a slick and professional company like Apple either deliberately or accidentally forgetting  to include USB driver details when they released their source code? And even if they did, are Netgear seriously asking us to believe they sat back for nearly 6 months without ONCE going back to Apple and asking for the information?  I know  what I would say to my software developers if they'd waited 6 months for info...YOU'RE FIRED.

This is an utterly ridiculous EXCUSE and frankly its really insulting of Netgear to actually believe we'd swallow this.

As I've said before I note that not a single person from Netgear has had the guts to come on this forum and give us the real information.

Even if this gets resolved today...this is the last piece of kit I'll ever buy from Netgear, they cant be trusted.

Well done Netgear, keep it up and you'll have no customers left then you wont have to pretend to provide support and wont have to  make up ridiculous, pathetic excuses will you!

Message 146 of 263
madosoft
Aspirant

Rif.: NETGEAR USB Control Center utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

Please retweet this https://twitter.com/mimmo_tweet/status/685512522456236032 to ask Netgear needed change. Use all social networks to spread everywhere Netgear behavior.
Message 147 of 263
doraemon
Prodigy

Rif.: NETGEAR USB Control Center utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

Message 148 of 263
jmanthony
Apprentice

I just dashed off an email to Patrick Lo. I'll post any response I get

John

Message 149 of 263
Nifer
NETGEAR Employee

Hi John - I work for NETGEAR. Patrick did receive your email and forwarded it to me for action. I will ask someone in our customer care team to investigate this. Someone should reach out to you before the end of the day on Monday. I apologize for the delay.  

Message 150 of 263
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7