× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR USB Control Center utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

jmanthony
Apprentice

Re: NETGEAR USB Control Center utility for MAC OS X El Capitan

Elaine, is it possible to give those of us who haven't taken the beta plunge a sense for how much longer we're likely to have to wait until the production version is rolled out for general use? 

Thanks!

John

Message 251 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I was told that it will be before the 1st quarter end. 

Message 252 of 263
jmanthony
Apprentice

Thanks, Elaine.

John

Message 253 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're welcome. 

Message 254 of 263
pcormier
Aspirant

Elaine, can you send me the beta software also? I'm Mac Sierra, Netgear 6900. I just filled out ticket no: 28113467 

Message 255 of 263
OldBlaise
Aspirant

ElaineM, I first posted in this thread back on 2015-10-28 and obviously, this problem is still ongoing. I decided to bite the bullet today and submit a ticket so I could request the beta software BUT....

Using the knowledgebase page "Creating a Support Case through MyNETGEAR" I was uable to follow the steps as I don't have a "Submit A New Online Support Ticket" button on the "My Support" page. Instead I have a "Contact Support" button which leads me to a page suggesting several kb articles, complementry community help and a paid "call us" option. Note that paid option is followed by:

Your complimentary 90 day technical support expired on Nov 25, 2011.
You can purchase a paid support subscription to extend your coverage.

Ergo, I cannot raise a support ticket regarding this farsical lack of printing support and bugger me if I'm going to call Netgear at my expense simply to get hold of software that should have been released well over a year ago. Can you please supply me a link to the beta software. I have a N600/WND3700/DGND3700v2 modem/router and am running the Sierra OS.

15 monthsand still counting! The only possible solution offered during this period has been to use the Bonjour printer service which unfortunately didn't work for me.

Message 256 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@pcormier I have sent our support team a follow-up on your request. 

@OldBlaise I apologize for any inconvenience. The portal will now only allow users to send in queries via phone, chat and email if they're still within the free 90 day period upon purchase. 

Anyhow, I have sent our support team to reach out to you. 

Message 257 of 263
Chrisje
Aspirant

Hi Elaine, please can you send me the beta software as well? My case: 28136109

Many thanks!

Message 258 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Chrisje I have just sent a request to our support team. I apologize for the delay, just saw this post. 

Message 259 of 263
marlasinger
Aspirant

Elaine, can you send me the beta software also? I'm Mac El Capitan 10.11.6, Netgear DGND3700v2. I just filled out ticket no: 28182900

Thank you 

Message 260 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@marlasinger I have just forwarded the request to our support team. Someone will be in contact with you. 

Message 261 of 263
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello All,

You may now download the official release of the USB Control Center Utility for MAC OS 10.11 and above from the link below. 

ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 2.36

Message 262 of 263
notauseranymore
Initiate

Amazing, isn't it? This update downloads as a .rar file, which isn't supported natively by Mac OS. I had to separately find an extractor to be able to open it. Netgear's support for Mac is beyond lamentable.

I was in discussions with support for weeks (including international phone calls at my expense) trying to get the beta. It was not on offer unless I bought a support package.

After months and months of user complaints it's finally been made available generally. But in my case it's too late now, I've given away my Netgear router and will never buy another of this company's products again. I will advise all Mac users to do the same.

So why did I bother downloading the update? Because even the uninstaller would not work in Sierra. 

I've now finally been able to remove all traces of Netgear from my Macbook. Good riddance.

Message 263 of 263
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7