NETGEAR WNR1000v3 Very Slow Internet and Abnormal Mbps.

Andrew90z3
Aspirant

NETGEAR WNR1000v3 Very Slow Internet and Abnormal Mbps.

Hello NETGEAR Forums,
Today I got a NETGEAR WNR1000v3 Wireless router in the mail. I unpackaged and all that stuff, Before that, My Acer was hooked up directly which the speed was (100mbps), Then I hooked the router up, Set it up and I noticed a jurastic change in the Internet speeds, I right clicked the Wireless ICON in my taskbar and Went to network and sharing center, clicked on my currently connected router, and it told me that My Speed was (75.0Mbps) I tried downloading some stuff and it took a VERY VERY Long time to download.. and it was just a 14.5MB file! When I was hooked up directly it took about 5 minutes maybe to download this was just outrageous it seemed like it took hours.. On the other hand When I hook my modem directly in my Internet speed is bumped up to 100Mbps. When I went to look in my router configuration, I tried changing channels, it didn't work so I set it back to auto.. Sometimes when I reset my router/change channels, It'll go all the way up to 150Mbps! But after about 5 minutes it goes back down to 75.0mbps.. Any clue whats going on here people? I'd like to have successful internet!! Haha, Any help would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Re: NETGEAR WNR1000v3 Very Slow Internet and Abnormal Mbps.

Your router is not on this chart, but I would expect it to have a significantly lower WAN-LAN figure than the WNR2000;

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/router-charts/bar

The router will limit a 100Mbps Internet connection. Are you sure that’s the Internet rate and not simply the Link Rate reported by a wired connection to the modem? You do have a modem don’t you? If so what brand/model?
Message 2 of 4
Andrew90z3
Aspirant

Hello, and thank you for replying Mars Mug.
Indeed I do have a modem, It's a Motorola sb5120 (Owned by comcast)
On the modem when it's directly connected to the laptop, it shows 100Mbps.
and it runs like it should. on the router, it's just plum slow! with 75.0Mbps.
Message 3 of 4
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Andrew90z3 wrote:
On the modem when it's directly connected to the laptop, it shows 100Mbps.

That is most likely the Link Rate and not necessarily a measure of throughput.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E