× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR98 or NETGEAR98-5G

Rick02
Follower

NETGEAR98 or NETGEAR98-5G

I have a WNDR 3400. When setting up my devices, it wants me to choose network NETGEAR98 or NETGEAR98-5G. Which one do i choose?
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

The first is a 2.4 GHz radio frequency Wi-Fi network.  The second is 5 GHz.  The 5 GHz is capable of higher speeds but it will have less range.  Actual speeds may vary and may be limited by the speed of your Internet service.  Your devices must support 5 GHz in order to use it.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The first is a 2.4 GHz radio frequency Wi-Fi network.  The second is 5 GHz.  The 5 GHz is capable of higher speeds but it will have less range.  Actual speeds may vary and may be limited by the speed of your Internet service.  Your devices must support 5 GHz in order to use it.  

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

TBH I lose 2G and 5G connection around the same time so its not like 2G has a much better range at all so just connect to 5G if its avalible and 2G decivdes if there older

Message 3 of 4
netwrks
Master

@Retired_Member wrote:

TBH I lose 2G and 5G connection around the same time so its not like 2G has a much better range at all so just connect to 5G if its avalible and 2G decivdes if there older

What happens in your environment doesn't mean everyone has the same experience. YMMV, not everyone's.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7