• 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

NETGEAT SUPPORT CASE 28162604

On 3/8/17 I called regarding problems I was having with my router. I was told that in order to obtain assistance I had to purchase a 140.00 support plan. I declined and stated I would just buy a new router. The support guy said that would not fix my problem and only me purchasing the plan would,so I reluctantly purchased it. Well, after two hours of doing a bunch of rigamaro it still wasn't working as it should but I had no time left to deal with it. 

On3/17/17 I called asking for a refund being I felt I got scammed cause nothing was fixed and I was out 140.00 for nothing.  I was told I would be receiving my full refund but days later I realized I only received 90 because they felt I should have had to pay fifty for talking to the support guy. I feel that this is a scam  being I received no service, I'm right back where I started from and my router doesn't work properly by yet I am to pay 50 dollars?  This is absurd to me and I would like my FULL refund back please. 

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: NETGEAT SUPPORT CASE 28162604

@ButlerT wrote:

On 3/8/17 I called regarding problems I was having with my router. I was told that in order to obtain assistance I had to purchase a 140.00 support plan. I declined and stated I would just buy a new router. The support guy said that would not fix my problem and only me purchasing the plan would,so I reluctantly purchased it.

This is a famous con trick that does Netgear no good.

Good luck getting your money back.This place is mostly user to user, so Netgear's managers will never see your message.

Did you use a credit card? Do you live somewhere, the UK for example, with consumer protection that lets you dispute a payment?

If you do have problems, there are people here who probably know more than the script kiddies who took your money. And their time is free.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

@michaelkenward  am I stupid idiot or if there is a faulty device still under warranty why on earth do I have to pay for support?

It's a bit like Mercedes asking a client having a car in trouble under warranty and asking for the credit prior doing anything?

Do your job and make clients happy!!

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ButlerT Please send an email to our Customer Care team at customer.service@netgear.com.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4