NEW Firmware 1.018

pysgota
Novice

Re: NEW Firmware 1.018

Had problems with the new update lost internet connection tried everything but in the in end after hours of trying managed to restore back to previous firmware
Message 26 of 50
DenniS4R
Aspirant

I have just updated my firmware.
Sit and wait Smiley Happy
Message 27 of 50
DenniS4R
Aspirant

Ok, i found one thing

The text "Enable 20/40Hz Coexistence" is missing after the checkbox if you running with the dutch language.
Minor detail Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 50
mbrownug
Aspirant

Would really like to know what changed? I have already rolled back to 1.0.1.6. Had issues with 2.4 devices disconnecting and not reconnecting. Happened on multi-devices. Reminds me of the issues with WNDR3800 fw at the beginning when it was released. 5Mhz seemed ok?
Message 29 of 50
DTHCoCo
Aspirant

Yes my machine kept rebooting after this firmware back to the previous firmware
Message 30 of 50
xX1KingKong1Xx
Aspirant

Has anyone contacted Netgear about the issue? Potential workarounds?
Message 31 of 50
xX1KingKong1Xx
Aspirant

xX1KingKong1Xx wrote:
Has anyone contacted Netgear about the issue? Potential workarounds?

I did...

Was told

a) Disable WOL
b) If I needed WOL downgrade..

sigh....
Message 32 of 50
marauder
Aspirant

I have had this problem with the wndr4000 and resolved it changing the WOL method to magic packet only. If pattern match is in the equation it kept waking my computers within seconds of turning them off. Might be worth looking into.
Message 33 of 50
GoNz0
Aspirant

marauder wrote:
I have had this problem with the wndr4000 and resolved it changing the WOL method to magic packet only. If pattern match is in the equation it kept waking my computers within seconds of turning them off. Might be worth looking into.

mine was set to magic packet only. still woke up.
Message 34 of 50
marauder
Aspirant

GoNz0 wrote:
mine was set to magic packet only. still woke up.

well i hate to hear that, thought it was worth mentioning. i've been looking inot whether to pick up a 4500, i have a 4000 at the moment and was lurking in this forum section to see what, if any, issues people were having with it. i am thinking about adding another router / access point to my home office network for greater coverage and would like to replace the 4000 as the DHCP router. but if there is a problem with WOL then i'll just wait and see what happens before i shell out $150 for a 4500.
Message 35 of 50
pcmklein
Aspirant

Oh sigh. :mad: I have been wondering for days, why most of the equipment I use was not kept in their low power state.
Then started to think what has changed? Well I have an old Windows Home Server that use a so called lights-out application. This makes the Home server to shut down when no other PC's are active on my network. And that software was recently upgraded. But you gues already, no solution to downgrade that. Then of course I thought about the firmware upgrade of the WNDR4500. searched for the previous firmware, installed it and voilá, everything works as before the firmware upgrade.
So then started to search if this was know, as there was no entry at all in this forum on this firmware when I got prompted there was new firmware available.

This is not good. Releasing new improved firmware, OK, but without any release notes is not OK. Next time I'll wait before upgrading the firmware. Now if only I could get rid of the notification new firmware is available.......
Message 36 of 50
pcmklein
Aspirant

xX1KingKong1Xx wrote:

a) Disable WOL
b) If I needed WOL downgrade..

sigh....

I Tried disabling WOL on the adapters, but that does completely disable my on WOL relying schedule of backing up and going into Hibernation of my WHS and connected PC's.
My WHS switches on PC's (if they aren't on already) thereafter the connected PC goes in Hibernation after completing a back-up. Also when no PC's are on for 15 minutes (i.e. at night), this is sensed by the home server, and the home server goes into hibernation as well. Once the 1st PC is switched on again the home server switches on as well.
Message 37 of 50
mark2410
Novice

how the hell did this get released, well done netgear
Message 38 of 50
HERBIE
Aspirant

There are release notes in the zip file if you download the firmware update.

WNDR4500 Firmware Version 1.0.1.18 Release Notes

Note: Please remember to do factory default after firmware upgrade. Enter "Backup Settings" in the web GUI and click "Erase" button of "Revert to factory default settings".

New Features:

Support ReadyShare cloud feature.
Support Time machine feature.
Support Europe DFS channel.
Message 39 of 50
mark2410
Novice

done a factory reset to see if that fixes things?
Message 40 of 50
mark2410
Novice

has anyone done a factory reset to see if that fixes things?
Message 41 of 50
Keitosha
Aspirant

mark2410 wrote:
has anyone done a factory reset to see if that fixes things?
Resetting and re-entering your settings won't solve the issues that seems to plague this firmware. I've done it myself and same thing was happening. My wired devices kept turning on with WoL enabled. As i don't need WoL, i just disabled it and all is working fine, for me that is.

This firmware is just too buggy and should be taken down.
Message 42 of 50
prateekgaur
Aspirant

I tried resetting the router. but it does not have any effect. The only way I could return to normalcy is by going back to the old firmware.
Message 43 of 50
GoNz0
Aspirant

why the hell is this firmware still up for download ?
Message 44 of 50
FicmanS
Aspirant

GoNz0 wrote:
why the hell is this firmware still up for download ?

Agreed... Why wouldn't they have pulled this one
Message 45 of 50
stevies3
Aspirant

With the WOL & NON blinking port lights, in what direction is Netgear going??
Message 46 of 50
mark2410
Novice

is it completely cynical of me to think and suggest it may not be a coincidence that netgear just launched a new flagship to superseded this former flagship? clearly we are the people who will pay for expensive routers (not saying premium because its not deserved) and they just want us to buy the new one. i dont think ill be buying anything else form netgear though, my old DG834g was superb but this thing is just broken and netgear dont seem to give a carp about it.
Message 47 of 50
Squuiid
Luminary

Netgear, please fix, it is ridiculous that this passed your QA testing. Your development team lead needs to take a good look at the QA team. This release is a disgrace.
Message 48 of 50
bugg
Aspirant

I suspect this only being pushed for those of us with beta firmware before the update pushed.

Can someone confirm or deny this?
Message 49 of 50
Dalmo
Aspirant

Squuiid wrote:
Netgear, please fix, it is ridiculous that this passed your QA testing. Your development team lead needs to take a good look at the QA team. This release is a disgrace.

Some one should get fired for releasing this FIRMWARE

:mad::mad::mad:
Message 50 of 50
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E