• 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Nearly Dead 2.4 GHz Network

Hello,

I seem to be having a lot of trouble with my 2.4GHz band radio on my WNDR4300. The 5GHz runs at full speed, so I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. To give some background on what I've done to try to solve the issue, I've checked out what channels are least crowded in my area (I live in an apartment so there is some crowding) and found that channel 1 was the least crowded out of 1, 6, & 11 with just 2-3 other people occupying it. I'm running my 2.4GHz radio at the "Up to 300 Mbps" setting in order to maximize throughput, but it still isn't working.

My ISP is Comcast, and I am currently utilizing their "Blast!" service at 100+ Mbps. My 5GHz radio is putting out my full speed on this (usually 105 Mbps) and my 2.4GHz is only pushing out maybe 0.75 Mbps. I've tried other channels, and tried rebooting both my router and my modem (my modem is Netgear as well and allows 300 Mbps).

Is there something I'm missing here, or is my 2.4GHz radio just dying?

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Nearly Dead 2.4 GHz Network

How many devices are affected or getting slow speed with wireless?
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have almost the same problem. not sure if it is the new firmware version.

5G is working at full speed (50Mbps) but for the 2G band, download speed is approx half that of the upload speed when the opposite is expected.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @nsinha,

Welcome to the community!

Do you have the same exact model version of the router? Firmware versions can be verified from this site once you have the exact model of your router.

Have you tried changing channels? Any other wireless devices that may interfere the wireless signal? Try relocating the wireless router to a different room and see if you will get the same result.

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I realize i may be in the wrong discussion even though i am having a similar problem. I have a WNDR4500v2. Problem seems to be with the firmware version. I reverted to an older firmware version than the latest and the problem seems to have solved itself (previously i tried the usual fixes of changing channels, relocating router, even resetting to factory defaults by hitting the reset button)

Sorry if i caused any confusion.

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nsinha That's ok and thank you for the update. By the way, from what version to what version you've used to get it working?

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 6