× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need advice please

Anesinano
Aspirant

Need advice please

Should I get orbi ax4200 or fork over the extra $ and get the ax6000?
My house is 1700sqft, got a basement where my isp modem is.. got century link 1 gb speed.
Is the ax4200 sufficient enough? Will put one satellite main floor and second upstairs.
Right above the modem upstairs is the kitchen, with a microwave and all that fun stuff..would the ax6000 be better getting through the barriers or same as the ax4200? Does the 4200 have the dedicated backhaul the 3rd connection between the router and modem thing or is that just only on the 6000?

Thank you
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need advice please

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Anesinano
Aspirant

Anyone? Anyone at all?
Message 2 of 6
wcalifas
Prodigy

Wouldn't be able to tell you since I don't know if your house is brick, and how much range you need. How has the wifi been with what you're using and what model is it to tell you if you'll get better coverage with the systems you mentioned?

Message 3 of 6
Anesinano
Aspirant

It’s not brick, got a basement(where the modem is), then 1st floor(living room) and 2nd floor upstairs. The house is 1700sqft.
Well when I do a speed test in the basement on my phone I would get faster dl and ul speed(maybe 200mbps) but in the living room maybe 70mbps on the phone. I just didn’t think it would be that low for having fiber gig..I can’t move the modem upstairs since they drilled the whole for the fiber wire into my basement..i got centurylink, modem is actiontec c3000a and I’m not sure if the ax4200 or the 6000 would be better or what not..appreciate it thanks for the reply
Message 4 of 6

Try plugging your needs into the filters on the product pages:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

and

Orbi: Whole Home WiFi System for Better WiFi Everywhere | NETGEAR

Then check back here for reports on the things you are considering, but remember that people turn up in this community with problems, not compliments. So look at reviews on Amazon, for example.

Message 5 of 6
Anesinano
Aspirant

Thank you will look into it, much appreciated, thanks again
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements