Need dedicated 2.4 Ghz channel on N750 dual band router

troykincade
Aspirant

Need dedicated 2.4 Ghz channel on N750 dual band router

I have a new device that I'm trying to connect to my home wi-fi.   The device is not showing my home network at all when it searches for networks.  It shows others from neighbors, etc but not mine.

The supplier said the new device requires a dedicated 2.4 Ghz network (and also no spaces or special characters in SSID).

Is there a way for me to created a dedicated 2.4 Ghz channel on this router that isn't dual band? (2.4 and 5 Ghz?)

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Need dedicated 2.4 Ghz channel on N750 dual band router

it has a dedicated 2.4ghz radio. You don't need to disable 5ghz or anything. And if the device only uses 2.4ghz, it won't even recognize the 5ghz signal your router also uses. 

You can log into the router and change the ssid to make sure its setup as the device maker recommends. 

Also check which wifi channel your 2.4ghz router is on. Maybe a change will help it be visible.

Do any other your other device have issues seeing the router?

have you disabled the 2.4ghz radio?

Which device is this?

Here's where you get firmware, the manual (to look up how to change ssid), and troubleshooting.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR4300.aspx

Current setup: CAX80->Trendnet TEG-S380->GS716T-> RBK752->pi-hole
1.4gig download/50mbps upload
We’re members of the public helping out on our own time.
Message 2 of 3
troykincade
Aspirant

Re: Need dedicated 2.4 Ghz channel on N750 dual band router

thanks for the reply!

I was able to get it working by setting up a guest network on the 2.4 band that the new device picks up.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E