Re: Netgear 600 WNDR 3400 Time Warner Cable Internet

andreah1
Aspirant

Netgear 600 WNDR 3400 Time Warner Cable Internet

Hello, I will be a new customer of TWC Internet, live in the country so this is a big deal!  Smiley Happy  I currently use Exede internet (satellite) and use my wndr 3400 for wifi thru the house.  I printed off a list of "accepted" routers for TWC but the wndr 3400 isn't on there, I assume because it's a couple years old.  I just wanted to know if this router is capable of being a cable modem and wifi?  Or should I look at something else.  If I need something else, any suggestions of something that works well for under 100 bucks?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The WNDR3400 does not contain a modem, so you would need your ISP to provide you with a modem. Most cable modems are simply modems, and in that case the WNDR3400 should be able to connect to it without any issues, you may need to power cycle the modem so that it recognises the WNDR3400. Some cable modems are also routers, in that case connecting the WNDR3400 (or any other router) can be a little more complicated, but it can still be done quite quickly.

So I suggest that you contact the ISP and find out what model of cable modem they will be supplying.

andreah1
Aspirant

Thanks a bunch, I'm going to buy my own, not going to pay them to rent something.  So, glad I asked and I'll see if I can find something.  If anyone has any suggestions on a good one for under 100 I'd really appreciate it!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

As I said above, some cable modems are also routers, so if you prefer fewer boxes then that might be an option. Personally I prefer to have a separate modem and router as I believe that provides a much greater choice of router.

andreah1
Aspirant

I hear what you're saying, I want less clutter.  I'm just wondering what a good choice for that is, I'll see what I can find on best buy....

Message 5 of 9
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

OK, but remember to make sure it’s compatible with TWC, I guess you know that?

andreah1
Aspirant

Yes, I do.  I have a list but I've been reading online that there are many more that are compatible, or should I say work with cable, just not on the list.   Thanks!

Spoiler

Message 7 of 9
doraemon
Prodigy

For NETGEAR Cable Gateway Modems here's a list to choose from.

These are modem and router in one. 

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 9
andreah1
Aspirant

THANKS!

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies