× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear D6400

Stephen0914
Aspirant

Netgear D6400

Can't set up with incorrect ISP username and password. I contact my internet service provide and check my ISP username and password all correct. It still can't connect to the internet (orange solid light). How can I solve it.
Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router?802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear D6400

@Stephen0914 wrote:
Can't set up with incorrect ISP username and password.

Where are you doing this?

What happens when you enter the username and password?

Which ISP is this? (Some ISPs, such as BT in the UK, do not require a password.)

There is more to connecting that getting the right login details. There are other settings that you have to get right. The connection "wizard" can detect the settings for many ISPs.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
Stephen0914
Aspirant

I bought a new one. At the initial state, I follow the instructions to set up the modem. I am in Australia and using TPG as my internet services. When I entering either the admin/password as user name or my tpg user name and password. It still shows me incorrect ISP
Message 3 of 4

@Stephen0914 wrote:
I am in Australia and using TPG as my internet services.

NBB? A right rat's nest of a system that has caused endless grief here in recent years.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

These people are local and may know more:

Whirlpool Forums

Then there is this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – TPG

Not a pretty sight.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements