Netgear DG834G

alzabal
Aspirant

Netgear DG834G

Hi

I am using the above wireless router in a hotel. The guests are allowed to access the router using a password. Can I enable settings within the router to restrict the content view?

Thanks for any help

Alzabal
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear DG834G

check this.. guest gate ( guestgate.com)

you want this unit to do your guest network at more ease and flexibility .. it's add-on to your existing devices
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
alzabal
Aspirant

Thanks will look into it.

Cheers
Message 3 of 5
Joe_
Apprentice

Download the manual here:
ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/DG834Gv4_RMsrc_13Sep07.pdf
Go to the section dealing with Blocking Keywords, Sites and Services and set up as per your requirements.
Message 4 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

The guests are allowed to access the router using a password

NO

Can I enable settings within the router to restrict the content view?

router does not offers very good filtering system
opendns has free filtering.

check this.. guest gate ( guestgate.com)

guest gate has better feature to

make wifi hotspot with Layer3 switch eliminates the any traffic to your business network if you are on single DSL line.

it wil also DHCP from the guest gate with own IP that is/can be setup to push different IP to each wifi devices + it will not see any wifi device each other.

Banner on Guest gate will use not wireless encryption but password to access the internet. which mean it is open network but user will still not able to surf the net without password.

password can be setup in multiple was. days, weekly, monthly, and range of dates. so you can effectively have different preset password thought your calendar year to control the access.

this is better than encryption system as some wifi devices may not connect easily and creates mad customer.

guestgate do not offer content filter but usually keeps those open for hotspot are better as many contents you think may not good are also legit site that my block by filtering. social network sites, some news can be blocked by filtering.

That is why most of the time on wifi hotspot with banner has disclaimer for surfing the site etc.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation