Netgear JNR1010 Router issue

karthik2279
Follower

Netgear JNR1010 Router issue

Having issue in connecting to Netgear Router. I spoke with many other users of this Router. Every one facing similar issue. My laptop is connected to this router. All of the sudden the DNS resolution stops working. My laptop DNS is 192.168.1.1 ( same as gateway). When I manually configure my DNS, the same starts working. ( But to my surprise, the Auto DNS assigned by my ISP is same as the manual DNS assigned by me). Also some times the Router starts working on its own with out any change. Similar observation from other users of same router as well. ( Firmware: 1.0.0.16). I am really disappointed with this router's performance.

Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Netgear JNR1010 Router issue

This router appears to be a entry level inexpensive mass produced by the cheapest supplier. If it lasted 2 years then I guess another $25 isn't all that bad. I understand you're upset, who wouldn't be but it's not worth the aggravation, get even don't buy a netgear replacement.

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR841N-Wireless-Router-300Mbps/dp/B001FWYGJS/ref=sr_1_4?s=electroni...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E