× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear N300 bridge mode question

Kevin5
Aspirant

Netgear N300 bridge mode question

Hello, I have a question about setting up an N300 router.  As a mechanical person I'm not to computer savy so I'll try and not irritate you smart people.  In my house I have ATT&T DSL, that's all that's available in my area. I'm running one computer off of it, nothing wireless in the house.  I have hard wired 125 feet of cat5 wire from the ATT modem to my metal shop that's 30 feet from the house, that is plugged into the new Netgear N300 router. My shop is only 30 x 30 so the signal doesn't have to go far to reach my laptop, cell phone, or whatever.  I was told by the person that sold me the router that it needed to be set up in "bridge mode".  I went through all of the set up wizard and never saw an option to do this. However, it seems to work pretty good, a little slow.  My question is should I leave it alone or try to configure in bridge mode?  I saw somewhere on the internet that bridge mode exist for this router.  Thanks..

Model: WNR2000|Wireless-N Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
netwrks
Master

Re: Netgear N300 bridge mode question

If you haven't done so already, configure as an Access Point. - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR2000V5/WNR2000v5_UM_20Nov2014.pdf  - Page 67. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

If you haven't done so already, configure as an Access Point. - http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR2000V5/WNR2000v5_UM_20Nov2014.pdf  - Page 67. 

Message 2 of 6
Kevin5
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  I will try that when I get back home.  Should the "use router as DHCP" be selected also?

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Once you have set it in AP mode, the DHCP will be turned off.

Message 4 of 6
Kevin5
Aspirant

Thank!  The AP mode works great!!

Message 5 of 6
Kevin5
Aspirant

Thank you much!

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats