× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear PL1000 low speeds

Jean_
Follower

Netgear PL1000 low speeds

Hi, on WiFi connection I used to get 100 down but now using Ethernet via this product, I get around 30-40 download speed. Is this normal? Also, would the connection be better if I used a cat8 Ethernet cable? If so, how many cables would I have to get?
Model: PL1000|PowerLINE 1000 adapter
Message 1 of 3

Re: Netgear PL1000 low speeds

@Jean_ wrote:
Hi, on WiFi connection I used to get 100 down but now using Ethernet via this product, I get around 30-40 download speed. Is this normal? Also, would the connection be better if I used a cat8 Ethernet cable? If so, how many cables would I have to get?

Questions about the PL1000 are best dealt with, and may have been already, in the appropriate section:

Powerline Networking - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear PL1000 low speeds

Hi Jean_,

Thank you for reaching out. Powerline adapters allows you to turn the power outlet into a high-speed internet connection. It means that the quality of electrical wiring will be a big factor. May we know if you were able to get a speed of more than 50 Mbps via ethernet or wired to the powerline adapter?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7