Netgear Router WNDR4300 - how to troubleshoot intermittent connection issues

eliz_butler
Follower

Netgear Router WNDR4300 - how to troubleshoot intermittent connection issues

I have been having increasingly frequent connectivity problems with both the 2.4 and 5.0 connections. One or both of these will disappear/reappear from the wifi options on my phone. Other devices connected through the routers are TV, Xbox, Roku, laptop - they all have intermittant connection problems. Even when I'm the only person home, using just my phone, I have the same issues.  The only hardwired device is a desktop PC that is rarely used. I've tried all the common things - resetting by physically unplugging, resetting while logged in to netgear, changing channels, pretty much everything I could find. 

How can I troubleshoot this to determine if the problem is my router or something else (modem or internet provider issues, etc.). I'm not sure if there is a way to monitor the signal to see if/when it drops off? 

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
RVALENZ
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Router WNDR4300 - how to troubleshoot intermittent connection issues

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

I apologize for the late response due to the backlog tickets from our system. Do you still require some assistance regarding your query? 

Try changing the wifi channels of the router? Are you living in a house or an apartment building?

Here is a link on how to change the channel. https://kb.netgear.com/23783/Improving-2-4Ghz-Wireless-Performance-by-Changing-Channel

Regards,
Rhys
NETGEAR Community

Message 2 of 3
kkulczyk
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Router WNDR4300 - how to troubleshoot intermittent connection issues

I have tha same problem, switching channels didn't make any change.

I have about 100 routers, and want to know what is the solution

thanks 

K Kulczyk 

Model: WNDR4300v2|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E