Netgear WNDR3400v2

NGn00b89
Follower

Netgear WNDR3400v2

So, installation for this router went smoothly and adding computers to the network and all but I'm not getting the 5G network connection I think. If I recall the default SSIDs are the same but the 5GHz connection would be called 5G next to the same name but it's not showing up and so I think I'm just connected onto the 2.4GHz connection. Is there a way to have all this up and running properly? Oh, and as this is typed I purchased it around 10:00pm or so on 7/7/12. Running Windows 7 64-bit. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
sabretooth
Apprentice

Re: Netgear WNDR3400v2

You have to verify that your computers have a 5G wireless capable card installed. If not, you will not see the 5Ghz band.
Message 2 of 3
FallenAnjel
Aspirant

Re: Netgear WNDR3400v2

Yup-- I was all excited to get a dual band router, then learned that your device (computer, laptop, xbox, etc) has to be able to work on a 5ghz band. Silly me. That's ok tho, because it has a USB port so i can have central storage now. Next buy: Router w/ TWO USB's-- 1 for storage, 1 print server 😉 Walking 10 feet into the next room to print is so last year. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E