× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear is not a customer oriented company

MrCompute
Aspirant

Netgear is not a customer oriented company

I have 15 year old switches thar still work flawlessly. But my most recent experience with Netgear has been an eye opener. I purchased an AC4000 at Sams on February 10th, 2022. It worked until June 21st when it was dead. I checked the PS and the router was dead with the PS beink ok.
After finally reaching support they want a credit card to return the router and I paid shipping. Not how you treat a senior citizen who has no use in keeping a broken router. I received a refurbished router which had the 5GHz transceiver go out yesterday and the router can no longer be accessed. So today I am taking the receipt and online case history back to Sams for a refund since I cannot reach Netgear unless I pay money. If Sams doesn't refund the amount, my lawyer is meeting me at the courthouse to file a lawsuit against netgear. This state hss laws on not honoring warranty support and about exchanging a new item with a refurbished item. I will never purchase another item from Netgear.
Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear is not a customer oriented company

@MrCompute wrote:
I purchased an AC4000 at Sams on February 10th, 2022.

The only "AC4000" that I can find is the Netgear catalogue is the  R8000P. This was first released in July 2017, five years ago.

Surprising that they still sell them.

Message 2 of 4
MrCompute
Aspirant

How is that related to warranty support? That goes from the date of purchase. And those technologies are still very current.
Message 3 of 4

I was trying to work out which Netgear device you were talking about. We still don't know.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7