Highlighted
Novice

Re: Netgear wnr1000v3 issues...

I believe I have found the fix for this headache with the wireless cutting out on the router web page go to the advanced tab then setup the QOS setup

uncheck Enable WMM

after this my wireless network was once again stable
Message 26 of 35
Highlighted
Virtuoso

t110431 wrote:
uncheck Enable WMM

Without WMM enabled, your wireless Link Rate should be limited to 54Mbps.
Message 27 of 35
Highlighted
Novice

Yeah going back to old firmware solved the problem for me Smiley Happy I was worried that I had to get a new better expensive router again
Message 28 of 35
Highlighted
Novice

No I am getting the full 150 mbps on my laptop with wmm disabled
Message 29 of 35
Highlighted
Novice

We just upgraded our router to the same firmware a few days ago and have had no end of issues. So much so, that we thought it was the wireless card on our laptop and have spent $800 on a brand new laptop!!!! Thanks Netgear... for nothing!!

Sort it out fast!!
Message 30 of 35
Highlighted
Novice

We first did the QOS setup and disabled WMM which did work, but it dropped our wireless capacity dramatically.... and that's a big deal when we have a couple of laptops running off it and we pay for 50meg fiber optics. It reduced it to less than 20meg... which would mean a total waste of money paying for such a great internet service.

So we reverted back to the old firmware and now we are getting 30-35meg via wireless (despite the fact the laptop is less than 2 metres away from the router). But that's at least better than less than 20, and certainly a lot better than it just keep dropping the connection every 15 minutes.

All I can say is, terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE firmware update, Netgear. Back to the drawing board guys and gals. Major fail.
Message 31 of 35
Highlighted
Aspirant

i reverted back to previous firmware and im still dropping connection any solutions to this problem would be appreciated
Message 32 of 35
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having problems with my router as well. I downloaded the 1.0.2.54 and I'm having very bad connection speeds. When I first bought the router it was ok then like a weeks after that it just started to act up for no reason. Then I contacted tech support to only be led to the solution that I should buy another one. I tried everything the tech support asked me and even everything I seen in this thread. I'm gonna buy another one anyway but until money hits my pocket, I just need this one to work right now. Anyone got any light to shed on this?
Message 33 of 35
Highlighted
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue for awhile now. Signal strength on my phone will drop down to one bar or it will just completely disconnect me from wifi. It very well could be signal interference since I'm in an apartment complex with about a dozen or more wifi signals in range, but I tried changing the channel setting from automatic to 10 and haven't noticed an improvement yet. Is there any other way to limit interference with other wifi signals?
Message 34 of 35
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Darktangent

We do have a phone app called Netgear Wifi analytics it will read all wifi signals in your area and tell you what the best channel to use to avoid interference.

DarrenM

Message 35 of 35
Discussion stats
  • 34 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements