Netgear wnr2000v3 Wireless Speed Issue

vrdelacruzjr
Aspirant

Netgear wnr2000v3 Wireless Speed Issue

NG Community:

Current Wireless Router - wnr2000v3

Per documentation, WiFi speed is up to 300Mbps (http://www.netgear.com/images/NG_WirelessRouterComparisonGuide24Sept1318-44305.pdf). Although the wireless settings is set to upto 300Mbps, when I do speedtest wirelessly, I only getting 20Mbps. However, if I bypass this wireless router and connect my PC directly to the modem, I am getting more than 100Mbps speed which is the correct speed I should be getting as TimeWarner already upgraded their infrastructure in our place.

How can I obtain 100Mbps using this router through WiFi? Is this hardware limitation which I don't think because per datasheet, it can support up to 300Mbps.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BDC

Message 1 of 6
netwrks
Master

Re: Netgear wnr2000v3 Wireless Speed Issue

First off, this router only has 100mb ports/ LAN and WAN. Getting 100mb via wireless through the WAN will be an issue. You can double check your speed tests plugging into any of the router LAN ports with a laptop. I would bet the speedtest results will be slower, compared to when you plugged directly into the modem and conducted speedtests..

Message 2 of 6
vrdelacruzjr
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback.

Are you saying that it is a hardware limitation of the Netgear wireless router?

My dilemma is I can get 100Mbps - 110Mbps is my laptop is connected directly to the modem. However, if there is a router in between especially if my PC is connected wirelessly, then I can only get 15Mbps-20Mbps. According to the Netgear documentation, this router can support up to 300Mbps wirelessly. So my question is why I can't obtain at least 100Mbps using this router and connected via wirelessly and yet I can get 100Mbps if I am connected (wired) directly to the modem (bypassing this router)?

Thanks for any feedback that you especially if you have similar issues as mine.

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

What is the brand and model of your PC's Wi-Fi adapter?

Message 4 of 6
vrdelacruzjr
Aspirant

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

Message 5 of 6
TheEther
Guru

On your PC, open Network and Sharing Center, then Change adapter settings.  Right-click on your Wi-Fi adapter and click Status.  What speed does it report?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E