× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Connection

WildBill97
Follower

Network Connection

*EX3700 My extender is setup and working and connected to my PC. The extender is setup on a separate SSID from my primary network. I note that whenever I shut down/restart my PC the Extenders network connection has disconnected and needs to be reconnected. This extender supports my Nvidia Shield TV system and needs to stay connected to the modem/router all the time, even when my PC is turned off. Is there a way to keep this connection on all the time?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Network Connection

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Thing helpful to inlude in that forum is Brand and Model# of host wifi router.

FW version loaded on the EX unit. 

Distances between EX unit and main host wifi router. 

Wifi channels used. 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Network Connection

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Thing helpful to inlude in that forum is Brand and Model# of host wifi router.

FW version loaded on the EX unit. 

Distances between EX unit and main host wifi router. 

Wifi channels used. 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7