× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Network Disappears when connecting wrieless printer via WPS button

NIHill
Aspirant

Network Disappears when connecting wrieless printer via WPS button

I have a WNR2000 v3 router. When I try to set up my wirless printer via push button method, the printer connects, but then my wireless network disappears. In it's place, there is a password protected network called NTGR_iAZIT in it's place. Of course, I don't have a password to log in and see what this is. The only way to get the netowrk back is to reset the router back to factory settings, but then does the same thing when I try to connect the printer.

Is there a way to get my network back without resetting the modem to factory settings? I've removed the printer from the network, but that doesn't help.

Running iOS: Yosemite

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
NIHill
Aspirant

Yes, I had to reset the router to factory settings and then manually set it up. Worked. Just confused becasue auto setup worked great when I first set up the printer earlier in year.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
VE6CGX
Master

Did you try manual set up instead of using WPS?

Message 2 of 4
NIHill
Aspirant

Yes, I had to reset the router to factory settings and then manually set it up. Worked. Just confused becasue auto setup worked great when I first set up the printer earlier in year.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the update @NIHill

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements