Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network map/Network connectivity

Bmehboob1
Follower

Network map/Network connectivity

Firstly, apologies if this has been repeated elsewhere or is an obvious issue. I am not the most technical of persons!

I bought an RBK353 wifi system in Feb-21, on my network map it was showing the router (green dot) connected to satellite 1 (green dot) and satellite 2 (orange dot). 

Somehow (I am not sure what I did, if anything!) Satellite 2 now appears to be directly connected to Satellite 1 and both show a green dot next to them. 

Is the 'layout' of the network adjusted automatically?

In case it reverts to the original layout is there a way i can improve my network connection? 

I have checked the firmware and I have the latest firmware in place. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Re: Network map/Network connectivity

@Bmehboob1 wrote:

I bought an RBK353 wifi system in Feb-21, on my network map it was showing the router (green dot) connected to satellite 1 (green dot) and satellite 2 (orange dot). 

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here. However, Orbi systems with their satellites aren't much like standard routers, so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7