New Firmware 1.0.0.88

ttchief
Follower

New Firmware 1.0.0.88

New firmware was available for download this morning. Has new web interface. Is this the only fix/change for this new version?
Message 1 of 47
MgA_ODEN
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware 1.0.0.88

Latest Firmware Version is 1.0.0.70
Message 2 of 47
bnc1
Aspirant

ttchief is correct, there is a new firmware v1.0.088 available for online upgrade for the WNDR4000 router. I could not find any info about it on Netgear's website. I think I will hold off on an upgrade till there is more info available. I am having issues with a USB device and ReadyDLNA Media server that hopefully will be addressed at some point :eek: :rolleyes:
Message 3 of 47
pleong
Aspirant

Hi, I have upgraded to the latest 1.0.0.88 firmware. Looks great with new web ui. However, I tried to install the LPC but the management utility keeps saying my firmware does not support it and asked me to reboot it. I tried many times, but still it said the same thing.
Anyone with same problem or managed to install LPC?
Thank you and Happy New Year 2012!
Message 4 of 47
Klaasjan
Aspirant

pleong wrote:
Hi, I have upgraded to the latest 1.0.0.88 firmware. Looks great with new web ui. However, I tried to install the LPC but the management utility keeps saying my firmware does not support it and asked me to reboot it. I tried many times, but still it said the same thing.
Anyone with same problem or managed to install LPC?
Thank you and Happy New Year 2012!

Hi,

Is there an image of the new UI?
Are there new features added and are the disconnect problems solved?

greetz
Klaasjan
Message 5 of 47
kevinduke
Aspirant

Have a look at this thread for an image of the new ui

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=72535

I can't see anything extra that has been added apart from a reboot button
Message 6 of 47
Klaasjan
Aspirant

Thanks,

Nice UI
Message 7 of 47
o_l_a_v
Aspirant

Guys! I made to download the chk file through "Netgear Genie"-tool. Uploaded it to datafilehost:
http://www.datafilehost.com/download-cf579fc9.html

Updating now... 🙂
Message 8 of 47
Klaasjan
Aspirant

And works the new firmware ok?
Message 9 of 47
MarkAsRead
Aspirant

Updated to new version, Internet disconnected after 3 minutes. A new record! :'(

Will do a factory reset and set all the settings again and test again.
Message 10 of 47
Klaasjan
Aspirant

that is not ok.

ik noticed disconnections from the router but did not looked deep in this problem, but 3 minutes is absolutely not ok
Message 11 of 47
pbug56
Aspirant

This undocumented firmware just showed up as available on my 750. I wouldn't have noticed but all the gear on my network lost its connection a couple hours ago despite very good signal strength or being wired. I'd love to know what's going on.,
Message 12 of 47
pbug56
Aspirant

Someone noted a new GUI - all I see is the old GUI but messed up.
Message 13 of 47
o_l_a_v
Aspirant

pbug56 wrote:
Someone noted a new GUI - all I see is the old GUI but messed up.

Reload (F5)

Or reinstall firmware from the link i posted 🙂
Message 14 of 47
MarkAsRead
Aspirant

Did a reset to factory defaults and uploaded my config file again.
Will let you guys know if it fixes some of my issues with the Internet connection.

Like the look and feel of the new GUI.
Message 15 of 47
Railhound
Aspirant

I think I'll wait until some of you folks report back on this release. I hate it when there is no documentation accompanying a release. I'd like to know if the fixes contained within are worth the risk of actually istalling them.

A new GUI wouldn't be high on my list of a risk/reward ratio.
Message 16 of 47
pbug56
Aspirant

The new gui did eventually show up on my 750. Joy. I'd just gotten used to the old one. The new one is 'cute'. Actually, it is really awful. It makes you scroll within the page to see all the content of a page, using very little of the available screen space. I went to print out my list of preset DHCP addresses; if I use the wrong browser I only get part of it. I select the range, then print selection. Works in Chrome, not in IE (IE loses the last row or two). The new GUI is 'pretty' but adds nothing to functionality. In the meantime this router that I've only had a few days has already had one meltdown, disconnecting all the wireless connections for no obvious reason.

Though when it does work, it does provide a noticably stronger signal then my WRT610N. And one crash in 3 days is better then one per day. But I still have not removed the wires from my Living Room floor.
Message 17 of 47
illwill
Aspirant

The idea behind this horrible GUI redesign seems to be that computers are now obsolete and everyone is going to be managing their devices from smartphones and tablets. I'm not sure how else you would explain all the scroll bars everywhere and the fact that they've miniaturized the entire thing.

If there was any performance gain from this firmware to be had I wish they would document it. As of now though I'm moving back to .82 if the only "improvement" in 88 is this terrible GUI.

Hello, NETGEAR. This is your customer talking. "Pretty" is not for network appliances. Thanks.
Message 18 of 47
pbug56
Aspirant

This GUI is awful. Reminds me of what MS thought it would force on us in Win 8; like you said, it looks like it belongs on a stupid (oops smart) phone with a 4 inch screen. Since most of us manage our networks on a 14 to 23 inch screen, this wastes most of our screen space. Beyond that, it is a lot harder to find things since everything is now at least a level below what you used to see listed on screen. And it is really strange that Netgear won't tell us what else changed.
Message 19 of 47
Klaasjan
Aspirant

Hi,

are there things in the new firmware what gives errors/bugs or does not work at all?

greetz
Klaasjan
Message 20 of 47
MarkAsRead
Aspirant

I still experience issues with the internet connection. Drops once in a while.
Message 21 of 47
srk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same kinds of problems with this firmware as previously reported here. WAN connection (PPPoE) is unstable, and the wired Gb LAN connection light changes from green to amber a few minutes after a router reboot. Shortly after that, machines on the 2.4G WLAN lose connection with machines on the wired LAN, and machines on the wired LAN can't get valid IP addresses via DHCP.

Would be grateful for any advice.
Message 22 of 47
morslillacalle
Aspirant

Something confusing here...
I bought a WNDR4000 for a couple of days ago. The firmware is V1.0.0.88_9.1.77.

On the support page for WNDR 4000 http://support.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/18164
is the latest FW Firmware Version 1.0.0.82.

How come that you guys, can find a later version but not I ??
Why do my router have a later version of the FW than is available on Netgears support pages??
:confused:
Message 23 of 47
o_l_a_v
Aspirant

morslillacalle wrote:
Something confusing here...
I bought a WNDR4000 for a couple of days ago. The firmware is V1.0.0.88_9.1.77.

On the support page for WNDR 4000 http://support.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/18164
is the latest FW Firmware Version 1.0.0.82.

How come that you guys, can find a later version but not I ??
Why do my router have a later version of the FW than is available on Netgears support pages??
:confused:

FTP servers. Thats where the router gets newest firmware. On first page i have added link to download
Message 24 of 47
pbug56
Aspirant

We don't know what Netgear is up to but the N750's find the new firmware available to DL on their own even though you don't see it on the Netgear site, let alone an explanation of the new version. The new version creates a new GUI that looks like it is meant to be used on a 4 inch smart phone screen and which can't really take advantage of a larger screen. Huge step backwards in usability, maybe Netgear thought Windows 8 was smart too. As far as people have said so far here, no known bug fixes though some apparently needed.
Message 25 of 47
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E