New Firmware 1.0.0.88

jrbilodeau
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware 1.0.0.88

I checked today and 1.0.0.88 is now posted with Details.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed httpd sometimes crash issue after LAN/WAN conflict.
[QoS]after PPTP idle timeout, enable QoS and select 'Automatically check Internet Uplink bandwidth' and then clicking 'apply' will trigger PPTP connect.
[Readyshare] Netgear Genie can't setup readyshare.
[IPTV] IPTV can't work normally.
Message 26 of 47
pbug56
Aspirant

One of the things I find confusing in their instructions; they want you to do a reset. Fine. But am I allowed to backup my settings, do the reset, and then restore my settings, or does that invalidate the reset? Mind you, I did the update minutes after hooking up the N750 before I did most settings.
Message 27 of 47
gijs007
Novice

pbug56 wrote:
One of the things I find confusing in their instructions; they want you to do a reset. Fine. But am I allowed to backup my settings, do the reset, and then restore my settings, or does that invalidate the reset? Mind you, I did the update minutes after hooking up the N750 before I did most settings.

I didn't do a factory reset and everything is working fine.
Message 28 of 47
o_l_a_v
Aspirant

Btw, does "Factory Reset" the same thing as the reset button outside of the router?
Message 29 of 47
jrbilodeau
Aspirant

Any news if after doing a factory reset if people are still having issues with the wan connection dropping. I'm currently using FW 1.0.0.82 and I'm having issues with this every once it a while. It is especially annoying since I use VOIP for my land line.

a few days ago this happened and short of doing a factory reset on the modem it wouldn't get an ip from my cable modem. I tried releasing and renewing the wan ip and just kept getting 0.0.0.0
Message 30 of 47
Klaasjan
Aspirant

I installed this new firmware, and nothings changed, except the GUI.
Message 31 of 47
sbingner
Novice

The new UI is AWFUL... if I wanted a tiny box in the middle of my screen with all the information that I could not expand to actually give me a view that fills my screen.... well, I'd be an idiot... because even if I wanted that I could have just left my browser tiny.

I wouldn't update until they fix their stupid idea of making fixed size tables. I need to figure out how to take it off because whenever I see it, it makes me want to smash something with a sledge hammer... really can't believe they were so stupid.
Message 32 of 47
forevernoob
Novice

The new UI is very pretty, but also very small. 75% of my display is wasted! Why do the programmers insist on living in a non-scalable world? I have a decent-sized monitor, I should not be forced to accept an 960x635 display of information that I have to scroll through! The previous firmware used my entire screen to display info. I can (somewhat) understand limiting the width of the UI (OK, not really), but at least allow the height to fill the available space! This new UI, though pretty, is a giant step backwards in functionality.
Message 33 of 47
yuri74
Novice

I use WNDR400 in AP mode as it is described in http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965.
One thing which was not realized in previous firmwares is a lack of "Gateway IP Address" setting for LAN. Absence of this setting did not allow to use features which depend on internet access (change language table, time schedule etc.). Also it was not possible to access to the wireless-router from internet using port forwarding on internet-router (due to absence of gateway setting there is no route to answer on the request from internet).

Today I updated firmware to V1.0.0.88_9.1.77 and noticed that new setting "Enable AP mode" appeared in new FW.
I thought that this mode will solve described above problems as Gateway IP Address is already available.
But unfortunately after changing wireless router mode to AP there is still no internet connection and access to the wireless-router over internet-router is also miss.

If someone knows why it does not work please help. What "Enable AP mode"/"Gateway IP Address" setting is required then for?
:confused:

Also I have noticed in all firmwares incl. new one that if we firstly disable one of the wireless frequencies (2.4GHz or 5 GHz) via web and after disable/enable WiFi with the help of "WiFi on/off button" all wireless frequencies become to active again regardless of previous settings. Is it correct? How to disable one of the frequencies permanently?
Message 34 of 47
sean_e
Novice

yuri74 wrote:
Also I have noticed in all firmwares incl. new one that if we firstly disable one of the wireless frequencies (2.4GHz or 5 GHz) via web and after disable/enable WiFi with the help of "WiFi on/off button" all wireless frequencies become to active again regardless of previous settings. Is it correct? How to disable one of the frequencies permanently?

I can confirm that behavior and agree it is annoying.
Message 35 of 47
o_l_a_v
Aspirant

sean_e wrote:
I can confirm that behavior and agree it is annoying.

1+...
Should be fixed!
Message 36 of 47
Blew
Novice

o_l_a_v wrote:
1+...
Should be fixed!

+1 for me too.

Also:

Accessing the web interface while connected to a 5GHz WLAN hangs the interface. I have to connect the ethernet cable to manage the router, or connect remotely over the internet (2.4GHz wireless band is used for WDS bridge).

Timezone information not applied to router logs. Annoying.
Message 37 of 47
Blew
Novice

+1 for me too.

Also:

* Accessing the web interface while connected to a 5GHz WLAN hangs the interface. I have to connect the ethernet cable to manage the router, or connect remotely over the internet (2.4GHz wireless band is used for WDS bridge).

* Timezone information not applied to router logs. Annoying.
Message 38 of 47
o_l_a_v
Aspirant

Now that dd-wrt officialy supports wndr4000 i think it's time to switch firmware Smiley Happy
http://ftp.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR4000
Message 39 of 47
rmloeb
Aspirant

The new GUI is absurd and must have been developed by complete amateurs. The timestamp is now missing from the logs, making them useless. This is such a stupid mistake that you wonder if anyone is home at NETGEAR. I've also been unable to find anywhere in the interface where I can set the date and time. I agree that it's time to dump this for dd-wrt.
Message 40 of 47
Paul1973
Aspirant

rog1 wrote:
The new GUI is absurd and must have been developed by complete amateurs. The timestamp is now missing from the logs, making them useless. This is such a stupid mistake that you wonder if anyone is home at NETGEAR. I've also been unable to find anywhere in the interface where I can set the date and time. I agree that it's time to dump this for dd-wrt.

Time stamp is still generated i the log:

Set the time under security-schedule:
Message 41 of 47
rakhesh
Aspirant

I did the same, shocking and I am out of internet and out of support. Tried to reach out to tech support but unfortunately my contact has expired and I will have to renew one. Does anyone know how to get this connected to internet.
Message 42 of 47
retronaut
Aspirant

illwill wrote:
The idea behind this horrible GUI redesign seems to be that computers are now obsolete and everyone is going to be managing their devices from smartphones and tablets. I'm not sure how else you would explain all the scroll bars everywhere and the fact that they've miniaturized the entire thing.

If there was any performance gain from this firmware to be had I wish they would document it. As of now though I'm moving back to .82 if the only "improvement" in 88 is this terrible GUI.

Hello, NETGEAR. This is your customer talking. "Pretty" is not for network appliances. Thanks.

Is there older firmware for the N750 (mine is V1.0.0.88_9.1.77) which does not frequently drop the internet connection for roughly a minute? If so, from where can I download it, and are there any caveats? Thanks!
Message 43 of 47
flibber
Aspirant

I have the same issue, upgraded and lost LPC. Any fix to this?
Message 44 of 47
Paul1973
Aspirant

There is no internet disconnect problem with this firmware. I would look at your modem as a possible culprit. Get in touch with your provider, that is where the problem probably is.

Message 45 of 47
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Paul1973 wrote:
There is no internet disconnect problem with this firmware.

Not everyone has the same Internet type as you so that’s a rather bold statement to make.
Message 46 of 47
Paul1973
Aspirant

Everyone though has the same wndr4000 (hardware anomalies aside). The internet connection is the variable and thats the point. I will say though I dont and would advise everyone not to use the NAS function of any router. Get a proper nas. I've never seen a implementation that isn't buggy.
Message 47 of 47
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E