× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Samsung UHTV connects to router, but does not access Internet

Bsht
Aspirant

New Samsung UHTV connects to router, but does not access Internet

My new Samsung UHTV finds the private network (router) OK, but TV will not connect to the Internet.

All other units (PC, radios) I have can access Internet through the router without problems.

Before I read too many manuals, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Bsht
Aspirant

Re: New Samsung UHTV connects to router, but does not access Internet

ElaineM,

I tried everything in the book - without success; so I finally reset and reconfigured the router.

Now it works as normal, and I hope it will stay that way.

Thanks for you patience and support. 

Bjorn

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Bsht
Aspirant

Sorry; forgot to inform that my Router is a WNDR3700.

Message 2 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Bsht

Is the TV obtaining an IP address automatically from the router?

Try to check first if the TV is getting an IP from the router by checking its settings.

The IP address should be the same IP range that your other working devices are getting.

If you happen to have a Windows computer, you may check the IP address by going into the command prompt.

You will need to click Start > Run > type cmd then hit Enter.

Once you're in the command prompt, type ipconfig then hit Enter. It will show you an IP address range of 192.168.1.x. At this point, check your TV if it's getting this kind of IP address.

If it doesn't, make sure that the TV is set to get an IP address automatically or better yet, contact your TV manufacturer for more assistance on how to do it.

Another thing to verify is the distance is the hindrance why it may not get an IP address. When you bring another device that is working on the same location where the TV is, will it still connect?

If it does then it must be some settings on the TV. By the way, have you tried connecting the TV through wired connection? Will it get Internet access?

Have you tried reaching out through Samsung on this matter? It would probably best to contact them first since there are working computers connected to the router.

Message 3 of 8
Bsht
Aspirant

Dear Elaine,

I am now back in office again.

Thank you for the reply. Meanwhile, the problem is now isolated to the router itself.

The router is connected to the ISP, and LAN (connected to various clients) is working properly.

The wireless function is the problem: I use up-to-date equipment (incl. Windows) located within 15 feet of the router. My wireless clients used to connect properly, but these has not been used for a couple of months.

I have now tried to connect a laptop, an Internet radio, and a smart phone. These clients receive proper signal strength from the router, but all tries to connect have failed – both using WPS and PIN. I have tried to change wireless settings, and rebooted both the router and PC without any luck.

I have spent hours on this problem. What could possibly be wrong? (I am very close to buy a new router.)

Best regards

Bjorn

Message 4 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Does this mean that wireless devices are not connecting but it's seeing good signal? Or it's connected to the router but no Internet access?

What settings have you changed on the router?

Did you try changing the channel?

Try to enable WPA2-AES as a wireless security and see if you'll be able to connect.

If the same thing happens, try to factory reset the router. Push the reset button at the back of the router with a paperclip for 10 seconds.

Once done, reconfigure the router to get the Internet connection back.

Let us know what happens.

Message 5 of 8
Bsht
Aspirant

Thanks Elaine,

I believe my reply got "lost in space", but below are my answers to your questions:

Does this mean that wireless devices are not connecting but it's seeing good signal?  YES.

Or it's connected to the router but no Internet access?  NO.

What settings have you changed on the router?  SO MAY THAT I HAVE FORGOTTEN (trial and error method).

Did you try changing the channel?  NO.   2.4 GHz is set on AUTO, while 5 GHz is set on 44 (never used)

Try to enable WPA2-AES as a wireless security and see if you'll be able to connect.  ALLWAYS USED

If the same thing happens, try to factory reset the router. Push the reset button at the back of the router with a paperclip for 10 seconds.  MY LAST OPTION!

Best regards

Bjorn

Message 6 of 8
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Which signal you're connecting to? 2.4Ghz or the 5Ghz?

Try channels 1,6 and 11 for 2.4Ghz signal and then try to connect. Also, have you tried connecting to the 5Ghz signal?

If you can see the broadcast name then try to connect on that signal too.

If it still not connecting, you may have to reset and reconfigure.

Message 7 of 8
Bsht
Aspirant

ElaineM,

I tried everything in the book - without success; so I finally reset and reconfigured the router.

Now it works as normal, and I hope it will stay that way.

Thanks for you patience and support. 

Bjorn

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7