New Trial Firmware fixes 2.4 GHz disconnect issue.

groundtrooper
Aspirant

Re: New Trial Firmware fixes 2.4 GHz disconnect issue.

dmowbray wrote:
I installed the patch on 23 Jan and the router ran flawlessly for 21days (as opposed to less than 24 hours with the .24 software). But I did have to reboot the router on 13 Feb -- not for the loss of the 2.4 gig band but for some other reason... lost all connectivity on both bands.

I typically have 8 devices on the network including 4 pc's, a wireless printer, android phone, Blackberry Playbook and a bridge to my bluray player. Three of the pcs and the phone are on the 2.4 ghz band.

So far I am pretty happy with the .25 beta. Sorry for others who are having difficulty.

Cheers
David

I started having drop out issues with my iPhone4 about a month and half after buying my 3800. I installed the .25 beta and have had the same experience as David.

My drop outs have virtually disappeared.

I have about 12 Wired Devices and about 6 wireless devices.

I am sorry this hasn't worked for everyone. I feel your frustration.
Message 51 of 63
SkiSmuggs
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware fixes 2.4 GHz disconnect issue.

V1.0.0.32 is now available and states that it fixes the 2.4Ghz problem.

New Features and Enhancements:

Fixed - For 2.4G wireless connection, wireless client might be disconnected easily in heavy/noisy traffic environment.
Fixed router log issue (Stops collecting router logs after a few days.)
Enhances the NTFS file system write speed for ReadySHARE function.
Message 52 of 63
groundtrooper
Aspirant

Re: New Firmware fixes 2.4 GHz disconnect issue.

I am gonna upgrade tomorrow. From the update screen.

Note:
--If your current firmware level is v1.0.0.18, when you upgrade, the router will return to its factory default settings and you will not be able to restore your backup settings. This is due to a known issue with the v1.0.0.18 firmware.
--Before you upgrade, NETGEAR recommends that you write down your Internet settings and also your wireless settings if you changed them. After the upgrade you can use NETGEAR Genie to detect and set up your Internet connection, or you can manually enter the settings.
New Features and Enhancements
1. For 2.4G wireless connection, wireless client might be disconnected easily in heavy/noisy traffic environment. We fix this issue.
2. Fix router log issue (Stops collecting router logs after a few days.)
3. Enhance the NTFS file system write speed for ReadySHARE function.
Known issues & bugs
1. Time Machine function limitation:
--Time Machine function limitation: Only support "GUID Partition Table" and "Master Boot Record" in partition table format.
We don't support "Apple Partition Map" this format.
Workaround: When you choose the partition scheme of your USB disk, please don't select "Apple Partition Map" this format.
--For Non-journal system, support Time Machine backup size up to 1 TB.
--For Journal system+ MBR partition table, support Time Machine backup size up to 800 GB.
Message 53 of 63
TooTall13
Aspirant

Purchased the WNDR3800 and installed on 3/23/12. Upgraded Firmware to ver.24. following setup. 2.4GHz wireless kept dropping after about 10 to 15 minutes and would not allow connection, even after reset. Tried various settings over several days. Ready to send a Trouble Ticket to Netgear when I noticed that Firmware ver.32, which says it will fix the dropping problem, was available. I applied the upgrade and 18 hours later, the wireless is still connected perfectly with my laptop and our cell phones. Looks like the problem is SOLVED!! Thanks NETGEAR!
Message 54 of 63
tCMears148
Aspirant

Has anyone tested AirPlay functionality with the new .32 firmware? I am going to test it out when I get home but when I had previously upgraded from .24 to .25 beta I lost my ability to use AirPlay after about one hour of a complete reboot. I know there was one other person on here with the same issue but a Pioneer receiver. I have a Denon AVR-1912. I'll report back with my findings.
Message 55 of 63
D_a_n_B
Novice

AirPlay is very inconsistent with my Denon receiver. It's a known problem and does not seem related to any particular router/brand.
Message 56 of 63
groundtrooper
Aspirant

They just released
V1.0.0.34
Message 57 of 63
ACrackerJack
Aspirant

Why does their website only show V 1.0.0.24???
Message 58 of 63
groundtrooper
Aspirant

ACrackerJack wrote:
Why does their website only show V 1.0.0.24???

I don't know, but if you LOGIN you your router it will show that .34 is available.
Message 59 of 63
pkar
Aspirant

Hi, has anyone had any disconnection issues with the latest .34 firmware upgrade? I am still getting the same problem as with previous versions ie, the device indicates that it is wirelessly connected however there is no data activity, requiring a reboot of the router to restore it.
Message 60 of 63
cheryl56
Novice

I have called Netgear several times and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. They say they have never heard of this kind of problem.
Message 61 of 63
pgard1
Novice

pkar wrote:
Hi, has anyone had any disconnection issues with the latest .34 firmware upgrade? I am still getting the same problem as with previous versions ie, the device indicates that it is wirelessly connected however there is no data activity, requiring a reboot of the router to restore it.

Yes. I ran into this issue about 3 weeks after I originally bought the WNDR3800. I upgraded to .34 firmware which did nothing for this issue. REALLY ANNOYING. I've since backed down my 2.4 range to 54Mbps to see if this will at least stabilize this band. 5ghz band works like a champ.
Message 62 of 63
edoc
Aspirant

I had trouble with 5g and changing the Channel fixed that (I don't know what was the source of the conflict, could have been a wireless mouse).

Do you have other 2.4gHz devices, or an active microwave oven, in proximity to your router?
Message 63 of 63
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements