New WNDR3800 firmware 1.0.0.24 Released

somsubhro
Aspirant

New WNDR3800 firmware 1.0.0.24 Released

New Firmware 1.0.0.24 released.

• Supports Apple MAC OS Lion 10.7 for Time Machine
• Supports 3 TB HDD. Previously it was supporting just 2 TB.
• Fixes the Internet DNS Disconnect issue that many of the customers faced.

Known Issues
- A few customers are facing some disconnects on the 2.4 GHz at 150 Mbps or 300 Mbps mode. This issue does not happen on 5 GHz or when the 2.4 GHz is set to 54 Mbps. We are working on the fix and many of the customers are running trial builds to help us get to the root cause. We will fix this shortly.

- The ReadyShare Cloud App on Android and IPhone currently does not support DLNA streaming. If you are accessing your Home Cloud remotely, it copies the entire file from your home before it shows you on your IPhone/Android. We are working on a DLNA option which will start streaming/showing even with a partial download. This will be available in the AppStore as a updated version shortly.

Thanks
NETGEAR team
Message 1 of 12
Mxp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: New WNDR3800 firmware Released

this update erased all my settings and would not accept my backed up configuration file
Message 2 of 12
jcat00uk
Aspirant

yup happened to me 2
Message 3 of 12
NedFlanders
Aspirant

Mxp wrote:
this update erased all my settings and would not accept my backed up configuration file

That happened to me when I switched from V1.0.0.18 to the V1.0.0.19DNS (Beta), but upgrading to V1.0.0.24 from the beta went smooth for me.
Message 4 of 12
Joe_
Apprentice

:confused: What are you all talking about?

The following is the very first instruction on the webpage, under the heading of "To Install"...

1.Write down all the settings which you changed from the default values, since you may need to reenter them manually.
Message 5 of 12
relay
Aspirant

Friendly place.

It was a help to me as it said may need and not will have to.

Thanks
Message 6 of 12
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Re: New WNDR3800 firmware 1.0.0.24 Released

Joe,

That first line of the firmware update instructions is pretty generic and can be seen in practically all upgrades for all routers. So while I would agree that it’s correct to follow those instructions, I can also understand why some people might feel that they are at times vague or superfluous, and it would be much better in my opinion if the Netgear engineers would state if the old settings should be manually written down or if a saved configuration will be compatible with new firware and can be uploaded.
Message 7 of 12
enjeti
Aspirant

After firmware reflashing the power light never becomes green for a long time. it is always amber and then after some time when you try to access the router through web interface it keeps rebooting and the power light never becomes green and the rebooting goes on indefinitely .... So I had to revert back to 1.0.0.18 which has been very stable except crahing when usb hard drive is connected alng with a usb printer through a usb hub. If 1.0.0.0.19 is in beta why has this version been released ......
Message 8 of 12
StratmanX
Tutor

enjeti wrote:
If 1.0.0.0.19 is in beta why has this version been released ......

For any software upgrade, the beta version number may or may not be used to designate the final version released to the general public.

Maybe the final release has different updates contained within. Maybe the software vendor wanted a fresh enumeration to distinguish it from the beta despite no additional changes. It really doesn't matter as long as end users aren't confused and install a beta thinking it is the final version.
Message 9 of 12
enjeti
Aspirant

Hi StratMan X
Are you saying that 1.0.0.19 Beta is now officially released as 1.0.0.24 ....... I do not think so. The size of this firmware seems to be smaller than 0.19 Beta and 0.18.
Message 10 of 12
jpeng
Novice

enjeti wrote:
Hi StratMan X
Are you saying that 1.0.0.19 Beta is now officially released as 1.0.0.24 ....... I do not think so. The size of this firmware seems to be smaller than 0.19 Beta and 0.18.

The file size for V1.0.0.24 is 11,141,313 bytes and it is bigger than V1.0.0.19-beta and V1.0.0.18.
The MD5 checksum for V1.0.0.24 firmware should be 4f0319b4033b2777cb496b03e42f4556, please check you have download the firmware comepletely.
Message 11 of 12
StratmanX
Tutor

enjeti wrote:
Hi StratMan X

No. I was making no specific claims, only general principles of numbering software releases.

As to your specific point concerning size of the release, there is no rule that sequential releases, or releases of versions in development, must be larger than their predecessor. Usually it is larger, but not always.

Since I have not looked at either the Netgear 3800 firmware beta nor the latest .24 release, I would suggest you make sure you downloaded the correct file and that that file is of the correct size.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E