Highlighted
Follower

New firmware SUCKS

Ever since the update, I now can't manage my devices attached to the router. They dropped the option of "adding" devices by MAC address. The only solution is to remove all security, allow your device to attach, and then lock it down. Does anybody see an issue with this.

I also lost all my settings I had before the router update....all the lables on my allowed devices were lost. If I go through the admin panel from Chrome, it looks like I can edit the names, but it won't allow my to type. I loaded the Genie app, and I can change names but they don't sync with the router. I loaded the Genie app on my iPAD, and I can give them different labes, and they don't sync with either device. This is GARBAGE.

I just spent two hours trying to get my wife's new work laptop connected and I cant.....and yes, I know how to use the device. I have it for over two years, and I'm in the IT business. Already looking at a new ASUS router.

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: New firmware SUCKS

You have not said which router model you have? You should not need to remove all security to do what you describe, maybe just disable the Wireless Access List while you make changes, but there should be no need to remove WiFi encryption.
Highlighted
Tutor

I did a firmware upgrade and now neither of my Rokus will work.  Netgear model WNDR 3400.  Is there a way to "undo" the firmware upgrade?  Or a way to get my Rokus to attach?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

vantr, replies to your questions have been moved to your thread here;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wireless-N-Routers/Firmware-upgrade-made-Roku-not-work/m-p/968211

Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements