Re: New firmware

pckarma112
Luminary

New firmware

I see there is notification of new firmware. Ends in 78 I think. Anyone using this? Had any issues with it? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
wdsnls
Luminary

It's 1.0.2.78. I downloaded it yesterday and so far so good. All the router settings remained the same.
Message 2 of 15
pckarma112
Luminary

Thanks for reply. Last sentence I read about it was the warning to write down your settings. I had not seen your reply when I decided to flash it. Surprised, but happy I did not have to redo all settings again. Not sure. But I presume this takes care of a security flaw too? So far I have not experienced any kinks with it.
Message 3 of 15
jahSJ
Luminary

My experience is that the issue with the ftp access to attached usb device is not fixed, despite what is noted in firmware updates.
Message 4 of 15
pckarma112
Luminary

Had not tested that yet. Then again I never could get it to work in others. So not surprised. Il check 8n it this weekend. Pity. It would be nice to have...
Message 5 of 15
pckarma112
Luminary

Your correct. Tested. No ftp. Why is this so difficult to get right?
Message 6 of 15
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Is this regarding the readyShare FTP access?
Message 7 of 15
pckarma112
Luminary

minions08 wrote:
Is this regarding the readyShare FTP access?

its about the new firmware in general. positive or negative.
Message 8 of 15
pckarma112
Luminary

After a week. This call for a update. Just to clarify. I have one wndr4300 acting as a router. One as a ap. Also a wndr3700v1 as a ap. I recently updated the 3700 to its new firmware to run it as a ap. Had a big issue with it on the newest fw. I wont go into the whole story. But it is posted in that forum. In the end. I just wound up flashing the 3700 to open source fw. That took care of it. Thought I was in the clear. But then I started noticing slow wifi speeds On router and other 4300 ap. So I took them down and did a fr on both. Reset up the whole network and started watching it again. Within a few hours. The slow speeds started to reappear. Not sure why this was happening. What I do know is the network was fine on the previous 60 fw. So took both the 4300 and flashed down to 60 and did a fr on both. Set the network up again. Now, I have been watching it for 48 hours. So far everything is back to normal. No slow downs. Also I should have mentioned. On the 78 fw. If I turned the devices on and off. It would clear up for awhile. But, I dont want to have to do that every couple hours. The 60 fw seems to be fine and has resolved the slow wifi issue. I do worry about security with it. Will just keep a very close eye on them. Mean time if your on the 78. Check your speeds if things get funky.
Message 9 of 15
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Have you tried resetting the router to factory default after the update?
Message 10 of 15
pckarma112
Luminary

An fr? Yes I did. When I first allowed all routers to get the update. I was surprised that I did not have to. All settings remained same. After troubles with 3700 began. That was first thing.
Message 11 of 15
samsonite
Luminary

wdsnls wrote:
It's 1.0.2.78. I downloaded it yesterday and so far so good. All the router settings remained the same.

What do you mean by "All the router settings remained the same." ?
Aren't you suppose to revert back to factory settings after a firmware update?
Message 12 of 15
wdsnls
Luminary

samsonite wrote:
What do you mean by "All the router settings remained the same." ?
Aren't you suppose to revert back to factory settings after a firmware update?

In my case I never changed any router settings, therefor all settings remained the same as the original factory settings.
Message 13 of 15
lurzan
Luminary

New Features & Bug Fixes: New European Union regulation support. Supports Netgear DDNS (My Netgear). Supports EXT4. Added port field to make SMTP outgoing mail server port is editable. Added GPL help url link in the web GUI. Removed WDS support. Changed North America default WiFi channel to 153. Changed WiFi passphrase to “Password (Network Key)”. Fixed “New firmware notification message should work correctly right after the router connects to internet.” Fixed “can’t find FAT32 folder of attached USB storage through router’s FTP”. Fixed Genie network map not working issue. Fixed the “ReadySHARE Storage” in the administration web GUI should not have underline. Remove ‘<’ or ‘>’ from unknown in the device name. Known Issues: The WMP12 (windows media player) as DLNA client may take longer time to get file list or can not get file list from the WNDR4300 attached USB storage while WNDR4300 acts as DLNA server if this USB storage has too many files.
Technologies make work easier

Nazrul Haque
Message 14 of 15
kapciu75
Luminary

Any1 tried this one: Firmware Version 1.0.2.80?
I have just flashed 1.0.2.78 and will test it few days. There is no notification concerning new firmware in router menu but there is new one on the website.
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E