× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Android App Version 2.9.6.1513 -- Missing Features???

rover1234
Follower

Nighthawk Android App Version 2.9.6.1513 -- Missing Features???

The smartphone I downloaded the Netgear Nighthawk app to is running Android OS 11. The Nighthawk app version is 2.9.6.1513 (Updated on May 3, 2021). In the Google Play store, the app has screenshots of the app. The first screenshot shows one similar to, but not matching what I see on my downloaded app. On the Home Page of the App, below the picture of my router, the R6080, I see 4 areas, labeled:
"Device Manager"
"WiFi Settings"
"Guest WiFi"
"WiFi Analytics"

The first screenshot for the Nighthawk App on Google Play has a picture of a router, with 4 areas shown:
"Device Manager"
"Network Map"
"Parental Controls"
"Internet Speed"

Another Nighthawk screen shot on the Google Play page shows an option to run a Speed test, but, my Nighthawk App doesn't show that screen.

In the Google Play "What's New" Section for the Nighthawk App, under "About This App," it states: "The Nighthawk app gives you convenient access to your router's features." Then it lists several features that include:
Speed Test
Traffic Meter

So, should I guess that reason I do not Have the Speed Test in my app, is that that is not one my router's features??

There is a Netgear YouTube video from 2018 that introduces the Nighthawk App. I'd like to see an updated Nighthawk App overview on YouTube that covers the new featrues...

Bty, the first time I uploaded the Nighthawk App a few days ago, the Signal Strength Meter, Home Testing, and the Network Status did not work. But they all do now work, after I Uninstalled the App, restarted my phone, and reinstalled the Nighthawk App.

Somewhere in all this it said I would get the complimentary "Netgear Armor" for a time, but, I don't see that on my phone now...

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Android App Version 2.9.6.1513 -- Missing Features???

Hello rover1234, 

The Armor feature is missing from the Nighthawk app as the R6080 does not support NETGEAR Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061281/Which-products-support-NETGEAR-Armor

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Android App Version 2.9.6.1513 -- Missing Features???

Hello rover1234, 

The Armor feature is missing from the Nighthawk app as the R6080 does not support NETGEAR Armor. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000061281/Which-products-support-NETGEAR-Armor

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7