× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Access Control on router R6300

Vasian
Follower

No Access Control on router R6300

Need to restrict my sons internet connection, Netgear Genie app and web login doesn't seem to have the "Access Control" feature. How can I restrict my sons internet connection? 

Model: R6300|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router R6300
Message 1 of 2

Re: No Access Control on router R6300

@Vasian wrote:

Need to restrict my sons internet connection, Netgear Genie app and web login doesn't seem to have the "Access Control" feature. How can I restrict my sons internet connection? 

How do you want to restrict access? What devices do you want to limit?

The R6300, an ageing (2012) and basic router that does offer Schedule Blocking. (Access control is something else.) Look for that in the manual:

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

For anything more sophisticated you may have to replace your router with something more modern that supports a service like Circle.

Which NETGEAR routers support Circle Smart Parental Controls? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Circle needs a subscription.

What are the available service plans when using Circle Smart Parental Controls on my NETGEAR router?...

Netgear used to provide free Parental Controls, which worked on your router, but Netgear has announced that it is killing the free Live Parental Controls. So don't get to rely on it.

NOTICE: Live Parental Control Service based on Ope... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7