× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Internet on Firestick w EX6120 or 7300

tperk
Aspirant

No Internet on Firestick w EX6120 or 7300

This is a strange problem.  Firestick connects OK with Internet on Router 2.4 or 5.0

Have 2 NetGear Extenders, EX6120 and EX7300. Firestick connects to network but will not connect with Internet through either of the Extenders. Many other devices, including a Fire TV, will connect with Internet through either extender. Firestick shows very strong signal strength for both extenders. Have tried various extender configurations and restarting Firestick and Network with no success.  

Suggestions will be appreciated.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: No Internet on Firestick w EX6120 or 7300

What modem do you have? 

What router are they connecting to? 

Did you setup the extenders using wps or using the installation assistant? 

Are you using any special characters/spaces in your ssid/password? (if so, remove them)

Message 2 of 5
tperk
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

What modem do you have?  Verizon FIOS G-1100 Gateway

What router are they connecting to?  Verizon FIOS G-1100 Gateway

Did you setup the extenders using wps or using the installation assistant? WPS

Are you using any special characters/spaces in your ssid/password? (if so, remove them) No

Firestick connects OK directly to Gateway. PWs for Extender Nets are same as Gateway Nets. Here is example    T3Batsarecrazy250

Other suggestions?

Thanks much

Tom

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Did you try setting the extenders up using the installation assistsant? I'd give that a shot. 

Message 4 of 5
tperk
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

Did you try setting the extenders up using the installation assistsant? I'd give that a shot. 

Not going to go through assstant at this point. I may have used it though because I set the extenders to static IP. Do you think it could have anyting to do with me assiging static IPs to the extenders?

I am ordering a 2cnd Firestick for another TV in next few weeks. When it comes in I will see if it will connct through Extenders. I will take it from there.

Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7