× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet connection - WNDR3700v2

adr150
Aspirant

No internet connection - WNDR3700v2

My WNDR3700v2 has mysteriously stopped providing an internet connection. 

I've gone through the typical troubleshooting steps of doin a power cycle and ensuring that I have a connection directly from my modem to laptop via ethernet cable.

I have also performed a factory reset of the router and subsequently set up my wireless network in the Netgear router manager.

The networks I set up in the router manager are showing up in my available connections, however, the internet light on the router continues to blink yellow and I cannot access the internet.  

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks!

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Daenerys
Luminary

Re: No internet connection - WNDR3700v2

It seems that the router is attempting to get a connection from the Internet. To determine the next step, you need to access the router's GUI and check the WAN Settings. 

Using a computer wired to the router, access routerlogin.com. Username is "admin" and the password is "password". Internet connection is not needed since this is just how you get into the GUI. Under Router Status check the IP address under Internet Port. If there's none, you need to reconfigure the router to re-establish the Internet connection. You may follow the steps from the link below to do so. 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1098/related/1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @adr150,

Welcome to the community!

Blinking amber on the Internet light means that it's obtaining an IP address from the ISP. Who is your ISP? Have you tried changing the ethernet cable between the router and the modem? What's the firmware version loaded on your router? Did you try firmware upgrade? Check the instructions here on how to do firmware upgrade.

Keep us updated.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Daenerys
Luminary

It seems that the router is attempting to get a connection from the Internet. To determine the next step, you need to access the router's GUI and check the WAN Settings. 

Using a computer wired to the router, access routerlogin.com. Username is "admin" and the password is "password". Internet connection is not needed since this is just how you get into the GUI. Under Router Status check the IP address under Internet Port. If there's none, you need to reconfigure the router to re-establish the Internet connection. You may follow the steps from the link below to do so. 

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1098/related/1

Message 3 of 6
adr150
Aspirant

Hi Elaine, thanks for the response.

My ISP is comcast.  I have tried changing the cable but it hasn't changed my internet connection; I'm also able to connect to the internet using the cable that connects from the modem to the router and any other cable I plug in to the modem.

I tried doing a firmware upgrade but have been getting an error when I try to extract the file:

firmware error.tiff

any suggestions on how to extract the file?

Also I'm having trouble figuring out what my current firmware is.  I clicked on the check box:

firmware status.tiff

But I got a failure message:

firmware error 2.jpg

I'm not sure how I can check this without an internet connection throught the router.  I tried doing this connecting my computer to the router port 1 with the internet port connected to the modem.  

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Message 4 of 6
adr150
Aspirant

Thanks Daenerys, that worked!

Message 5 of 6
Daenerys
Luminary

You're very much welcome!Woman Happy

Now that you have Internet connection, I suggest checking for an updated firmware by doing the same steps provided by ElaineM. This is to prevent the problem from happening again. 

Have a nice day ahead!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7