× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet connection with new AC1750 R6400 router

longsilver
Aspirant

No internet connection with new AC1750 R6400 router

I cannot get my R6400v2 to get internet access from my optical ONT (modem).  The frustrating part is that the R6400v2 worked fine initially, but for some reason it stopped getting internet access. If I connect a PC directly to my ONT, then I get internet access.  I have tried several times to power down the system in the suggested order:  1) Turn off and unplug the modem. 2) Turn off the modem router and computers. 3) Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes. 4) Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.  5) Turn on the computers.

This does not fix the problem.  

The WAN port appears to be working fine because I can set the R6400v2 into AP mode and connnect it to another router going from router2 LAN to R6400v2 WAN.  The R6400v2 gets an IP address from the other router and works fine for Wi-Fi AP mode but now it is a waste and an added connection layer.

I have tried deep resetting the R6400v2 several times.

My R6400v2 has FW V1.0.4.84_10.0.58.  

My settings are 

Does your Internet connection require a login: No

Internet IP address:  Get Dynamically from ISP

Domain Name Server (DNS) Address:  Get Dynamically from ISP

Router MAC Address:  Use Default Address

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
ampvick
Aspirant

Re: No internet connection with new AC1750 R6400 router

Are you still having this issue.  My router occasionally pull a 192.168.1.2 address on the WAN side, with 192.168.1.1 address for the gateway.  When this happens I have no internet access.  If I go to 192.168.1.1 it brings me to an R6400 webpage, which I think maybe the XR300 is based on the R6400.  I was blaming my ISP, but maybe this is actually a router issue.

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 2 of 4
longsilver
Aspirant

It is hard to say if the problem still exists.  This problem was persistent, but eventually it worked for some reason.  After I reset my router to factory defaults several times I was able to get it setup and working.  Currently the router works but shows no WAN connection.  If for some reason I get a power drop out I believe this problem may occur again.

Message 3 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi longsilver,

Good day!

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system.  Have you tried contacting our Support team before? If yes, can we have the case number? Did you have this problem from the beginning?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7