Highlighted
Aspirant

No link on JNR3210

Hello!
I was bougt JNR3210 (N300) at 28.03.2015, and it's working fine due last week. If I connect provider's cable to any port on (lan or wan) there is no link. If I connect provider's same provider's cable to another router - link is ok on any port. And if I connect any another cable (from notebook for example) - there is no problems, link is ok. I don't understand - how may it be... 

There is last official firmware (1.1.0.30_1.0.2), device was reseted to factory defaults, and refirmwared from 1.1.0.30_1.0.2 to 1.1.0.30_1.0.2 - there is not help.
Thanks for you time anyway!

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: No link on JNR3210

Hi @Ellix,

Welcome to the community!

Try to use a different Ethernet cable to connect from the modem to the router. See if you will get link lights. Another option is to try looping a cable by connecting an Ethernet cable into any ports on the router and the other end of the cable connects to the WAN/Internet port on the router. After doing this, did you get a light on the Internet port on the router?

Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi, ElaineM.

I haven't modem, router is connected to ISP switch (or it's patch-panel may be, I'm not sure, but it's not modem absolutly) via common patch cord. I'll tried connecting varios patch cords - there no link at router at any cases. Tech support of my ISP says me that link is up for some seconds and then going down.

I will try looping as you say today at evening. Will write results as it will be done.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi ElaineM.

I was created case in netgear support, and they offer replacement for my router.

Thank you for helping.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements