× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No login possible

EliRap
Aspirant

No login possible

Hello, i am new here and i have following problem:

When i login into routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 etc and enter, the link will send me to http://homerouter.cpe which is a huwei login, but I am having a Netgear Router...

Probably this is because i have enterd the password once too often wrong, thanks to an

unfortunately accident.

Please help meRobot Sad

Model: WNR2000v5|N300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
EliRap
Aspirant

Re: No login possible

Ok Thanks to your Information that i was connected to the modem, I looked the problem myself up and could solved it 🙂

The real problem was, that i was using accespoint instead of router, This sadly didnt work before where i was pressing the countinus button like crazy (yes i tried it with more attempts ) without anything happend and the acces point always worked so i thought it was nesscary... But after I changed my ethernet ip to 192.168.1.1 I was also able to click on this one. from there i went to advanced settings but was still not able

to access the internet so I loged out and a login again and it worked.

To be fair I still dont understand it...

Still thanks for your time

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you connected to? It sounds like your getting your modem's login page.

Message 2 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

Its a dial up connection from a dorm

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

@EliRap wrote:

Its a dial up connection from a dorm

Maybe dsl? what is the router plugged into?

Message 4 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

A lan wire goes from the port of the wall inte the Router and from there to my notebook.

Should I send I picture of my ipconfig it has somehow 3 diffrent connections.

Message 5 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

Btw. this i get when i googel my IP

Message 6 of 12
plemans
Guru

so you're in a dorm room with an ethernet wire that is in the wall that you've ran to your router? 

I take it you're in school and your school has an IT department that controls the ethernet port in your dorm? 

some schools have rules about what is hooked up and if you hook up a router, how they want it setup. If you're running through your schools setup, I'd recommend checking with their IT department so you aren't getting in trouble with their regulations. 

Message 7 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

Sry for the late respond had to sit down to reflect.

No, the dorm is separate from the school, and many people have an Router.

Also they dont really have an IT-expert. already consulted them and they didn t know,

why it would not connect, but back then i had another problem

First  I connected (http://routerlogin.net) I got send to netgear genie page were i clicked on accespoint and then on

ip automatically obtain, which was proposed by the webpage. After that the page loaded and failed

but I could connect to the dial up like there was no Router between so i only had a dial up connection

and Wifi etc. still didnt work.

So I consulted them and they didn t know what to do.

Then i tried itmore often and it worked somehow once and i changed password

but for any login page i had open i got a pop up for the password,

which was the first time it appeard, because it was presaved so I just clicked many times ok,

there was some warning (that the password is wrong or so ) I overklicked while I was clicking

oks (I already sit over 5h to try to solve the problem so i was kind of burned out at that time 😕 ),

and the huawei page appeard the first time and the connections failed again more times in a row.

Next day: I reset router, again http://routerlogin.net/ again accespoint... but now

I changed my ethernet Ipv4 too the IP of the Router without any disconnects

but now I only get the huwei page...

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

If you're router is in AP mode, whatever is controlling the ethernet coming into your dorm, is whats providing the IP address to your router. The huawei is probably the main router controlling all the ethernet ports in the building. I doubt its dial up. 

try either the ip address 192.168.1.1  or the 10.20.0.1  thats listed. Sorry, not familar with german (think thats what your page is). 

Message 9 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

I had to create a dial up connection and used id also right now, to get access to the internet, so this confuses my a littel.

This is the only one which works:

PPP-Adapter Breitbandverbindung 2:

Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::30f1:a973:2dfd:c691%40
IPv4-Adresse . . . . . . . . . . : 193.171.241.223
Subnetzmaske . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0

If I disconnect to this dial up, I will lose internet access.

The 10.20.0.1 is the Netgear Wifi and the 192.168.1.1 ist now

the ethernet which is called  Netgear60 but as i just found out the

192.168.1.1 connection works also without router so probably yes it is the modem but my PC renamed it

Still dont know how to fix it

PS: you are right it is german

Message 10 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

Right now i need both: the 192.168.1.1 and the 0.0.0.0 to have a connection

Message 11 of 12
EliRap
Aspirant

Ok Thanks to your Information that i was connected to the modem, I looked the problem myself up and could solved it 🙂

The real problem was, that i was using accespoint instead of router, This sadly didnt work before where i was pressing the countinus button like crazy (yes i tried it with more attempts ) without anything happend and the acces point always worked so i thought it was nesscary... But after I changed my ethernet ip to 192.168.1.1 I was also able to click on this one. from there i went to advanced settings but was still not able

to access the internet so I loged out and a login again and it worked.

To be fair I still dont understand it...

Still thanks for your time

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7