Highlighted
Aspirant

No setup in Access Point Mode?

I enabled Access Point mode on my R6220. After that I cannot login to the setup using www.routerlogin.com. I get the "You may not be connected to your Router's WiFi Network" error. But I am for sure connected to the R6220 WiFi. 

Everything else still works. 

Do you have any idea why the setup login does not work?

Access Point mode seems right to me, since I have another primary internet router with its own WiFi. 

Model: R6220v2|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

Re: No setup in Access Point Mode?

Because in access point mode, the primary router handles the router. And it might not be forwarding the routerlogin to the netgear. 

Log into the primary router and see what IP address was set for the netgear in the attached devices (or equivelent) page. use that address to access it. 

CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I did that. I then get a log-in prompt, before the setup page is loaded. If I enter the wrong password I get the security questions for resetting the password. So I know I am connected to the R6220. But then I get that error message in a separate window anyway. And RS6220 keep asking me for the password, even when it is the right one. 

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Guru

Did you try a different browser? or pc/laptop? 

And maybe the password isn't correct. 

You can try factory resetting and reinstalling it. 

CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yeah, I will do a factory reset again. I guess the Acces Point mode just does not work properly. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements