No wifi, cannot access routerlogin.net (bridge mode?), and unable to factory reset!

Wooten
Follower

No wifi, cannot access routerlogin.net (bridge mode?), and unable to factory reset!

When we were trying to connect a printer via USB and open that printer to all the computers in the house, we had issues for the router recognizing it (it didn't see it).  In trying different things, we put the modem router in a mode where, we know we have wireless internet (we use Comcast Xfinity, and our Xfinity network is available), but we can't connect or actually set up our wireless network or guest network inside the router. We can't even connect to routerlogin.net.

However, we DO have internet - my PC via direct ethernet, and the xfinity backup wifi network.

- We have tried factory resetting the router twice, and it hasn't fixed the problem.

- I've set the IP address to a static # (probably 192.168.1.1) and then entered that into the browser to try to connect to the router settings, and the page times out.

- I've downloaded Netgear Genie, and while I can access some of the settings there, when I go into "Router Settings" and try to connect with the factory default username and password, it doesn't login. It instead gave me this message, "NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported. Also make sure the device is not connected to the guest network of the router, and no IPv6 is enabled." As far as being connected to the guest network, I know this isn't the case because no wifi network exists at all; secondly I have no way to see if IPv6 is enabled because I cannot access those settings.

- I've tried Xfinity's suggestion to disable bridge mode (in case this is the culprit), and put 10.0.0.1 into the browser, and this too, times out. (See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode for more info)

- I've followed the steps on this page to no avail: https://kb.netgear.com/27199/How-do-I-troubleshoot-routerlogin-net-and-routerlogin-com-access-errors

As you can see, we've tried many things and at this point are wondering whether our product is faulty. Unfortunately, our Serial Number sticker is not there, so we have no way to register it, either. Our main theory at this point is that the router is stuck in bridge mode, but that the factory reset (even holding the button for a good 20 seconds) is failing to actually reset the router, preventing us from getting to the bottom of the issue. The router is working though, because we do have wifi t

If you see the attached photo, you can see that not all of the lights are on. The bottom-most light is flashing, the top four are steady. All of them are green.

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: No wifi, cannot access routerlogin.net (bridge mode?), and unable to factory reset!

Try posting your question in the section for cable modem/routers rather than Nighthawk routers. I would add more but Netgear has broken the forum which means that I cannot add html code to replies to messages with attachments. I'll ask the moderators to move it.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: No wifi, cannot access routerlogin.net (bridge mode?), and unable to factory reset!

> When we were trying to connect a printer [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.  Does your (unspecified)
"a printer" have a maker and model number?  "connect" to what, exactly?

> [...] we had issues for the router recognizing it (it didn't see it).
> [...]

None of that is a useful problem description.  It does not say what
you did.  It does not say what happened when you did it.  As usual,
showing actual actions (commands) with their actual results (error
messages, LED indicators, ...) can be more helpful than vague
descriptions or interpretations.

> [...] we can't connect [...]

"can't" is also not a useful problem description.  See above.

> [...] the xfinity backup wifi network.

"backup"?  Is that an Xfinity technical term, or only your
characterization of what I'd guess is your primary (wireless) LAN?  Or
are you trying to replace the (unspecified) Xfinity cable gateway with
the C6300BD(?)?  At least one of us is confused.

> [...] we have wireless internet (we use Comcast Xfinity, and our
> Xfinity network is available), [...]

> Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router

So, you already have some (unspecified) ISP-supplied cable gateway
(modem+router), and you're trying to tack a second cable modem+router

(C6300BD?) onto that existing/working LAN?   Or what?  If so, then why?
To me, this sounds like a (nearly) doomed effort.

What, exactly, did you connect to what, exactly?  (Hint: If a device
has different types of Ethernet ports, then "connected to device" is not
enough detail.)

What is the actual problem which you are trying to solve?

> Router Lights C6300.jpg

The wireless-network LEDs ("2.4GHz", "5GHz") in that picture look

dark to me.  Intentional?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E