• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Non 0 Subnet for Static IP in R6050 AC750

My ISP has provided me with a Static IP for my Cable Modem. When I enter the static routing information into my router it does not allow me access to the internet on any of my devices. I feel it has to do with the Genie OS of the router because I have an older Netgear (WDNR3700v3) which also has the Genie OS/Firmware and it also will not allow my connection along with giving me an error when I try to enter the Subnet. My subnet is 255.255.255.128. I spent about 3 hours on the phone with Netgear support and they said in the end "our products don't support that and we don't know any that do."
Things I have done that prove both the router and the modem do work.
I have plugged the modem directly into my computer and set the static information into the IP4 address and it connects perfectly.
I have a Linksys router that I flashed with DD-WRT which connected perfectly with those settings.
I have an older WDNR3700v1 without the Genie OS/firmware which connects perfectly.
On the R6050 AC750 when I set the router to accept a "Dynamic" signal from the modem it connects to the internet just fine. I cannot use this because I need a static IP.

Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Non 0 Subnet for Static IP in R6050 AC750

When IP is set to dynamic, do you get the same IP information?
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

No, when you set to dynamic addressing it gives you a different IP/Gateway each time. The Subnet is always 255.255.255.0.
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Do you have the latest firmware on the router?
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yes, I updated to the newest when I found out there was a problem.
As an oddity thought, this router just started working with the static address. After removing the old router I was going to plug this one in because I needed it to download windows updates and such, I planned on using it in dynamic mode. When I plugged it in though, it was set to Static with the proper addresses and it works fine. Very weird. The WNDR3700v3 still tells me I have a bad subnet though.
Message 5 of 5