× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ny new Orbi RBR750 already registered, but not to me.

cdysthe
Virtuoso

Ny new Orbi RBR750 already registered, but not to me.

Hi,

I have replaced my Orbi RBK50 system with a Orbi RBK752 system (one satellite on both). When I was setting up the new system I was told that it was already registered. I bought it on Amazon as a Warehouse Deal, so it was an open box. The issue is that I have a Netgear Armor subscription i would like to move from the old system to the new one. I have followed the procedures to do that but when I am to select my new system it's not listed under my account. So I need to get the RBK752 system moved to my account and then I can move my Netgear Armor subsciption over. I know that there's problany no warranty on the RBK752 since it's an open box purchase, but I would like to be able to use my Netgear Armor subscrition which was recently renewed. I have seen others getting it done but it involves getting the attention from Netgear support after having posted here, so that is what I am doing. 

Please let me know what I need to do next to get this done. Thank you in advance.

P.S. The RBK752 system is great with WiFi6 that many of our devices now have!

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

You'd need to contact support to do so. 

Click on "Mynetgear" at the top. 

then my support---->contact support---->my subscription services. 

You'll need to go through that route to get it register/switched. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You'd need to contact support to do so. 

Click on "Mynetgear" at the top. 

then my support---->contact support---->my subscription services. 

You'll need to go through that route to get it register/switched. 

Message 2 of 12
cdysthe
Virtuoso

Thanks. Contacted support through chat and the problem will be resolved.
Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

Hope they get it done on the first time and quickly! (don't have much faith in support)

Message 4 of 12
cdysthe
Virtuoso

They had to "escalate" it since the device was already registered in someone else's name. I can see why they have to make sure I'm not BS'ing. They said it would take a day or two.
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 6 of 12
cdysthe
Virtuoso

I may be stupid but I do not understand how to post in that forum. I get the same post composer as here and I can not find my Orbi system in the dropdown. Confused, sorry! 🙂

Message 7 of 12
plemans
Guru

Don't worry about it for the time being. You've got support switching it for you. that's who needs to do it. 

If you run into further problems, then I'd try that forum. 

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Navigate to that link inlcuded and select the Create New Discussion button in that forum. Same process as seen this this forum as well. Nothing different. 

Thank you. 

@cdysthe wrote:

I may be stupid but I do not understand how to post in that forum. I get the same post composer as here and I can not find my Orbi system in the dropdown. Confused, sorry! 🙂

Message 9 of 12

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Navigate to that link inlcuded and select the Create New Discussion button in that forum. Same process as seen this this forum as well. Nothing different. 

Thank you. 

@cdysthe wrote:

It doesn't matter where you post. Your registration question applies to any device, regardless of the  model number.

The answer from @plemans covers the registration problem. It is down to the Netgear team to sort it out for you.

Certainly visit the appropriate forum if you have further problems after the registration issue is fixed.

Message 10 of 12
cdysthe
Virtuoso

I have not heard back from Netgear after the escalation from chat. I sent them my Amazon receipt and was told I would hear back in e-mail. Nothing so far. I will wait another couple of days. I kept a log of the chat I had with support just in case. How long should this escalation take?

Message 11 of 12
plemans
Guru

@cdysthe wrote:

I have not heard back from Netgear after the escalation from chat. I sent them my Amazon receipt and was told I would hear back in e-mail. Nothing so far. I will wait another couple of days. I kept a log of the chat I had with support just in case. How long should this escalation take?

Good question. 

@DarrenM 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7