× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI RBR 10 has website connection problems

Ethesis
Tutor

ORBI RBR 10 has website connection problems

I have gotten the same error for multiple sites asking me to “Login to [site domain here] Your password will be sent unencrypted” With a prompt for a username and password. The moment I switch to cellular data and refresh the page I can access the site fine. What’s going on?

My wife just needs the extender function, otherwise I'd just take the Orbi back to the store, but she needs a better signal for her craft room, so I got the Orbi to go with the services wi-fi router.

But the problem goes away if I switch to the router's wi-fi or to my cell service.  It only happens on Orbi.  It is a real annoyance.  I did about fifteen-twenty minutes of internet searches on Google and could not find anything.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Its not a command/recommendation. Its just my signature with the devices i have

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem/gateway do you have? 

what firmware is on the rbr10? and the satellites?

Message 2 of 11
Ethesis
Tutor

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

Your gateway is a modem/router combo device. Leaving 2 routers in router mode on your network.  It causes a double nat which I've seen cause those errors. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Options? (only use 1)

1. Put the gateway in modem only mode. Contact the isp for help with this

2. Put the netgears IP address into the gateways DMZ. Again, the isp is the expert on their devices so contact them for help with their settings

3. Put the netgear in access point mode. This disables its routing functions and leaves the ISP router running them. You can still use wireless/ethernet, its just being managed by the ISP device. Tends to be the easier route but you do loose some features on the netgear. 

Message 4 of 11
Ethesis
Tutor

"Put the netgear in access point mode. This disables its routing functions and leaves the ISP router running them. You can still use wireless/ethernet, its just being managed by the ISP device. Tends to be the easier route but you do loose some features on the netgear. "

How do I do that from the app?  Or is there another method?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

You can't do it through the app. It has to be through the browser
Message 6 of 11
Ethesis
Tutor

"CM2000-> Arris AX11000 W31-> GS716v2-> WAX***-AP"  Not sure I understand that command?

Message 7 of 11
Ethesis
Tutor

Message 8 of 11
plemans
Guru

Its not a command/recommendation. Its just my signature with the devices i have

Message 9 of 11
Ethesis
Tutor

Problem solved.

Resetting it as an access point worked flawlessly.  I would say I'd prefer the serial number to be printed a little larger on the Orbi, but everything else went well.

Thank you all.

Message 10 of 11
plemans
Guru

Re: Problem solved.

glad its working for you!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation