× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR20 Not Getting Internet

jdougherty88
Follower

Orbi RBR20 Not Getting Internet

Hello- I’ve had an Orbi RBR20 for about 18 months without any real problems, until recently. Two nights ago, the WiFi decided to go out and the router lit up with the purple light. I figured it was my internet provider and rebooted everything thinking it was no problem, but found that nothing had worked. I ended up resetting the orbi to factory settings. After that, I can go through the setup, connect to the initial orbi network and then get to the last step - except it never can finish with the internet connection (I think it just says “no internet connection detected” and can’t finish). I verified that I can get internet through my router via Ethernet, so I know it’s a problem with the Orbi. I’ve tried to reset and set up different times. I’m wondering if there’s a way to get the firmware reinstalled or other options with it being set up?

Here’s the weird thing- on a PC, I can connect to the Wi-Fi (during set up) and can get internet as normal, even while setup isn’t yet complete. I can also plug in a separate ethernet cable from the orbi and get wired internet through the orbi. But, none of this works at any stage on our phones or a Mac, and I can’t get the full set up to go through. Thoughts on what’s going on?
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7