× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40 and RBS20 not connecting over wireless bridge

CalSmith
Follower

Orbi RBR40 and RBS20 not connecting over wireless bridge

Is it possible to connect an RBS 20:  1) by wire out of wifi range of other orbis?  2) is it possible to connect the orbi over a wireless bridge?  

Details:

I have an RBR router that I am trying to connect via a Ubuiquit PTP bridge to a RBS20 satellite on the other end, but it does not want to connect and stay connected.  It is on the very edge of  wireless range of other Orbi satellites.  Setup: from a tp-link switch connected to the router, I ran a cable from the switch to a Ubiquiti LiteBeam Gen2 PointToPoint bridge which on the other end of the bridge I have a wire connecting to the RBS20.  I was able to get it to link, it showed a wired connection, but it went down and has not worked since.  I wonder if it had a wifi connection that allowed it to connect without using the bridge at all.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40 and RBS20 not connecting over wireless bridge

Try disabling daisy chain in the settings. 

Maybe the orbi is picking up just enough of the other signal and trying to default back to a daisy chain setup. 

Or you can try  turning down the broadcast power of the orbi's to see if it helps. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7